Chapter 4

Leo

As the carriage starts moving, I decide that I will run away. Even though it won't last long, I think that it will be pretty fun. And 'father' and mom have to wait. I don't. And they probably told the horse teller to take me home.

What should I do after I run away, and how will I run away. I have 2 guards guarding me. I will ask to go to the bathroom? Well, I don't have any other choice, so yeah. But they'll quickly be kind to me so I will trade with them—earing for a yellow jacket. But then I will go to the route Dare usually takes to get home.

As I put my plan into action, I'm going to call it. . . Plan to run away and say hi to Dare and tell her I like her. I needed a better name for plans. Eh oh well. "I need to use the bathroom," I say, as the guard tells the horse to stop. Then they lead me to the closest house nearby.

It is a lovely house, it has a warm feeling just like my other house, not the palace. It is the opposite of this. As I go inside, the people seem very shocked, I give them an apologetic smile and then toss a gold coin at them. The guards lead me to the bathroom. I enter the bathroom, it is cold and dark, a chamber pot is on the ground. They don't even have enough money to get a proper toilet. I pity them. When I am King, everyone will be in a safe and secure house.

Then I see a window in the bathroom. As I come closer to the window, it is locked. Lucky, the key to the locked window is just on the contour. As I hold the key and open the window, I hear the guards talking outside. Then as fast as possible, I open the window and go out.

I still have some of the gold coins. So I look around for anyone who would be willing to trade a coat for a gold coin. As I scan the area I see, a man wearing a yellow rain jacket. It looked as if it was a size that could fit me.

"Pardon me but are you interested in trading your yellow jacket for a gold coin," I ask the man as he stares at what I'm wearing. "Uhh, Okay," the guys say in a confused way. The guy gives me his coat in return I give him the golden coin, and he walks away slowly.

I put it on, it looks ridiculous, but it's the only thing I have to use. People could see me from a mile away. A mile away literally. As I go on the path which Dare usually takes to go home, I see her dragging her two siblings behind. Typical Dare, But seriously it looked hilarious.

Then I started to laugh, but in my defense, I couldn't help myself; it was so funny. "Hey, what are you laughing at?" Dare says in an angry voice. "How are you? You dragging your siblings Dare it is so funny," I say as I almost turn myself around but stop.

Then I decided that I should turn around, so I did. But the rain jacket was big for me so she couldn't see my eyes or face. "I'm so sorry I left even though you know I didn't want to," I say in a cringy way, but I was the only person who knew what was going to happen next. Then Dare finally realizes that I'm Leo. She runs and hugs me as tight as she possibly can. I feel like I'm going to suffocate. I try to hold back my tears, Prince's don't cry. I finally get to see my best friend.

After a little while, Dare almost yells for my guards and her siblings disappearing, we enter her house. As we entered the house, it hasn't changed a bit. It still has that lurking feeling, and it is still no more significant than your average shack. But it has a little pop of color, the only thing that makes it seem welcoming—a dark death whole. I walk into a small bedroom, Dare's bedroom. I hear a crash, and then muffled screams.