Chapter 16: Embracing Oneself

Mew opened his heavy eyes as the sun rays beeping from the window hit  directly on his face; and an odd feeling subdued his mind when he realized he was alone on the bed. "Gulf?" He somehow became terrified as he recollected the events that took place the previous night. He wished the younger man was sleeping next to him: that would have comforted him. "Gulf? " as fears gripped in, he called aloud.

He knows he shouldn't be making a huge deal and trust Gulf, but the silence in the house worried him. Maybe he is taking a bath, he reasoned himself as the fear of rejection haunted him. He knows Gulf was trustworthy but it was also undeniably clear that Gulf was still confused and insecure and for some reasons, Mew could never put his guard down.

His heart raced faster as he started to think about the unimaginable things: it was a morning like this when Arkie's controversy splashed the news. He could never afford one of those again. Don't treat me like Arkie, he remembered those exact words told by Gulf the other day. Comforting himself, he checked the clock on his cell phone, 9:30 it said. "Gulf? " he called again removing away his blanket when suddenly, the entrance door creaked open and a fresh-looking Gulf entered holding a paper bag in his hands.

"Hey, you're awake, I went out to buy some milk" Gulf said smiling, unaware of the relief he just brought upon the older companion. He was clueless about how Mew's entire fear disappeared into thin air by coming across his bright face. "I'll prepare breakfast and wait... join me in the kitchen after you've freshen up" suggested he making his way inside the kitchen looking absolutely dashing with the white shorts and the dark blue round-neck shirt.

As relief descended upon Mew, without wasting much time, he grabbed a towel and rushed into the bathroom, unable to get pass the attractiveness of Gulf's morning look. It was amazing how the more time they spend together, the more charming the younger man appeared. Or Maybe, he was always charming, he just didn't want to admit it openly.

When he stepped into the kitchen, he noticed some slices of sandwich and boiled eggs on a plate along with two glasses of milk on the table; not too properly arranged but enough to look good for two men's breakfast. Mew noticed Gulf was not a lazy person and was as tidy as he appeared.

"Gulf, I took one of your shirts..." pointing to the white sleeveless shirt he had put on, he said and it made the younger man stare at him for a brief moment.

"Isn't it great that we don't have to worry about our clothes size whenever we sleep over?" beamed Gulf and it made Mew's heart flutter; it sounded like a validation that they were doing this again.

"Well, thanks to your great height...so, can I help in anything? The breakfast looks amazing " he said pulling out the chair and sat on the kitchen table.

"If you want, we can do the dishes together. Did you had a good sleep?" asked Gulf and sat down facing against him

"I did. I wasn't aware of how exhausting yesterday was with all the games and you know... "

Gulf nodded biting the sandwich, "Did you check? There's no workshop for today. Mame announced it in the group chat a few minutes ago. It looks like we'll start shooting soon" Gulf said next, reminding Mew that he had not checked his phone. His mother must be so worried, he thought.

"My mother must be freaking out by now. It's the first time I didn't sleep at home in two years. " Mew said.

"Speaking of mom, I didn't get to see your dad the other day. Is it just you and your mom? "

"I have a little sister who is hardly at home. About my dad, I thought you'd know... He walked out on us when I was eleven; that's one of the reasons I still stay with my mum. It's difficult to leave her alone and she does appear to be lonely. Also, some part of me loves being smothered by her. "