The Strangely Familiar Voice

Kiran’s P.O.V

 I was woken up by the sound of my alarm on a chilly Monday morning only to realize it was going to be my first day at my University of Performing Arts and Literature.

I hurriedly got myself dressed as I did not want to be late on my very first day there. As I stepped out of my uncle’s house, and looked around it was a busy road with lots of shops and people rushing to work…some of them quite reluctantly dragged themselves to their daily routine life.

Kids in school buses laughing, hopping around and chatting… each was like a little ray of sunshine. I did not realize I was smiling.

The city with its different kinds of people… isn’t that bad after all. I thought to myself as I waited for the metro at the station. Most importantly the city had a lot of similarities with my own city , Singapore where I grew up.

 I did not have much memories of my motherland back in Kolkata , India, where I was born. My family moved out of India when I was only seven years old. Since then all I have known about family life is quarrels , screaming , breaking glasses , mamma weeping and sometimes I even remember her hiding bruises and cuts in her arm...

As I was totally  immersed in my thoughts, I did not realize I was starting to tear up…I almost forgot my station had arrived.

I got down hurriedly and came out of the metro station and was astonished to find out that the University was still around 2 km away.

I had plenty of time left and I had heard that a lot of students walk to college here…so I decided to take a walk.

I was almost there when I saw a guy  smiling and waving at me from a distance.

The guy was cute and was around my age.

As I waved back at him he came forward and asked me,  “ya, you must be Kiran I am Jung kook Jeon…we are in together for our art and music clubs. My sister here…hey where did she go! Aishh this girl …the stupid little brat keeps disappearing! Let me call her” 

I laughed and mouthed “no problem” and waited while he called his sister.

A few minutes later he returned with a girl not much younger in age than us … maybe just a grade younger or so.

They were arguing like children “oppa didn’t eomma tell you not to scold me! The other day you scolded me for no reason…” the purple-haired cute girl said to her brother pouting.

Jungkook  rolled his eyes .. “yeah right! For no reason…you keep eating up my ice cream and will cry like a baby in front of eomma..” 

The girl poked out her tongue at her brother and he rolled his eyes…

Soon their eyes fell on me ..and Jungkook went on to introduce me to his sister… “hey Kiran this is my sister Jisoo…a spoiled little brat…ow!! alright I m sorry”...he laughed massaging his ribs as his sister elbowed his ribs hard… then she turned to me, smiled sweetly and said “Hi Kiran..this is Jisoo”

“So oppa says you guys are partners for your art and music clubs?” Jisoo smiled sweetly at me...I smiled and nodded as we walked towards our very first class…

And that’s how I met two of my angel best friends on my first day at college.

Jung Kook Jeon

Ji Soo Jeon

Author’s P.O.V

Her first week at college was a lot better and exciting for Kiran than she had expected.  By the weekend she had already started being comfortable around her classmates...she even had the thought that she might as well enjoy her three years of stay in Seoul.

Next weekend was the freshers welcome ceremony and Kiran along with all her classmates couldn’t help feeling excited.

Jennie Kim was Jisoo’s classmate and had become a very good friends with Kiran…

Jennie was the ideal dating-type girl...she loved to  claim that she had a lot of experience in love and dating. According to Jisoo, she could easily attract all the “bad-boys” of the school and make them her slave.

 According to Jisoo, she could easily attract all the “bad-boys” of the school and make them her slave

Jennie Kim

Jisoo even proudly stated that the only guy Jennie had failed to trap was none other than her own oppa and that Jennie had been crushing on Jungkook since middle-school. She even joined the cheerleading squad to cheer for Jungkook as he was the best athlete in the whole university.

...

Besides admiring the way the various classes, clubs , sports and activities were conducted at her university ...one of Kiran's most favourite rooms was the music room. She had always excelled in playing the violin …

Hence, on monday morning Kiran reached college beforetime so that she could play the violin for a while in the music room alone. In the corridor as she was passing by the different rooms allotted for different clubs...she suddenly froze and was rooted at the spot…

 a voice! a deep male voice.

 she could hear it from behind the doors of one of the rooms to her left...the voice was singing beautifully, perhaps the most beautiful baritone vocal Kiran had ever heard.

She suddenly knew why the voice sounded so familar. She had heard a similar, almost same voice only a week ago on her flight to Seoul.

It was similar to the pilot's voice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELLO LOVELY READERS!!

I AM BACK ONCE AGAIN WITH THE THIRD CHAPTER..
I CANNOT THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT THIS BOOK IS GETTING!
I AM CONSTANTLY TRYING TO IMPROVE MYSELF TO MEET ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!

ONE MORE THING THAT I WANTED TO ADD , GUYS I AM FULLY AWARE THAT SINGER KIM JISOO IS OLDER THAN JEON JUNGKOOK IN REALITY. I JUST MADE THE CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHARACTER

HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE THE STORY AND KEEP SUPPORTING ME AND LOVING ME AS ALWAYS BY FOLLOWING ME AND VOTING ME!!

SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.. TILL THEN HAPPY READING!

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY EVERYONE! :)