Ch 16 Ruby's Attempt at Cooking

Começar do início

Ruby eagerly grabs a bowl for you and sets it on the table. Y/N sat down and looked at the bowl before looking at Ruby who was smiling in excitement.

Ruby: Well try it! I made it myself and with love!

Y/N slowly grabbed the spoon and lifted it to his mouth. Ruby was practically shaking the table in excitement. Putting the spoon to his mouth he gagged a bit before forcing it down his throat.

Ruby: Well how did it taste?!

Y/N: You want my honest opinion?

Ruby: Yes!

Y/N: Are you sure?

Ruby: Yes really!

Y/N thought back to those words when Ruby said she made it with love. Those words were what made the process harder. He knew that he had to lie.

Y/N: Good but Ruby I have to ask I taste a lot of salt.

Ruby: The recipe said I needed teaspoons but I couldn't find it so I used tablespoons.

And with that single answer there went Y/N's other questions.

Y/N: Next time you plan on cooking this you should maybe get me or someone else.

Ruby: Why? Did it not taste good? I made it with love.

Ruby's expression immediately reverse from her usual happy self to a sad demeanor.

Y/N: What? No, but you have to be organized when cooking. That and when you use some sort of recipe as a guideline it is okay but also trust your own tastebuds.

Ruby: Okay. Anything else?

Y/N: You can even add on to it.

Ruby was content with the answer and began eating the soup. Y/N wondered how could she eat the soup. He sighs and eat the rest of it as he thought what people did for love. Finishing the bowl the two go to the couch.

Ruby: Y/N, I'm tried. Like really tired.

Y/N: You could take a nap.

Ruby: (face down on the couch) Okay Frost, but only for a few minutes.

Y/N: We know that you will sleep longer than that.

Ruby: Yeah. Now I'm going to sleep on you. Night Y/N.

Y/N: Night, night I guess.

Hours passed by and Ruby was still sleeping. The three finally arrive seeing Ruby sleeping on Y/N. Pulling his scroll begins to type.

Y/N: (message) You all decided to leave me? I had to try her soup and it wasn't good.

Tai: (whispering) We couldn't break it to her about her cooking.

Yang: (whispers) You don't understand. You weren't there on her first try.

Qrow: No worries Y/N. We brought food for later. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Y/N: (scroll dies) And there goes my device. I told Ruby she should at least have someone to help cook when she decides to try again.

Yang: So we're not whispering no more? Well since we're not doing; yeah Ruby can learn to cook. Good luck Y/N.

Y/N: What?

Yang: You are together so who else?

Y/N: You used my l words used against me. Very well, when the time comes.

Tai: So what happened?

Y/N: Nothing much. After Ruby fell asleep I decided to watch some television.

Tai looks to the floor to see the remote there, and the tv still on showing a message asking "Are you still watching?"

Tai: So basically you were stuck on the couch with nothing to do?

Y/N: Yes, and to top it off the remote was too far with my scroll almost dead.

Yang: So you need the remote or?

Y/N: No. You can have it but can you charge my scroll? As you can clearly see I seem to be a bit stuck at the moment.

Yang: So what are you gonna do?

Y/N: Why given the situation I plan on going to sleep as well. The only reason why I stayed awake was in the event if any of you were to call.

With that being said Y/N laid his head against the arm of the couch and close his eyes. Ruby despite being asleep somehow took notice of this and snuggled a bit more.