[ 15 ]

MINA

"Don't you think you have too many of that." I asked Chaeyoung.

"It's not that many. It's just five." she said hugging her five mini stuffed toys, a cub, penguin, cat, turtle, and bunny.

"Why do you have five? Are you going to surround your bed with those?"

"Nope. I'll give the turtle to Jeongnie, the bunny to Nayeonnie, and the cat to Nari when we visit on the hospital this Saturday." she said. We usually goes on Sunday but since Nari will have her operation early Sunday so we will go on Saturday to send our support for Nari. They finally found a matched heart donor for her and we are really happy for her.

"So, you will have two then?" I asked her.

"Only one. I'll have this penguin one because it looks like you while you will have this cub as me. Here." she said and handed me the cub stuffed toy.

"Thanks. I like it. Though, I'm the one who bought all of these."

"Yah, it's not. Well, it's your money but still I was the one you bought it and chose these." she pouts sulking.

"I'm kidding don't sulk." I said and peck her cheek.

"We're here." she said when we arrived in front of the Ferris wheel. It's already afternoon and the sun is about to set. We want to ride the it as we look at the sunset. This time around I'm hoping to finally confess. The earlier one is an entirely failure. Bad choice, definitely.

I want to say it her today since tomorrow we're going to meet her friend named Dahyun. I had contacted her and we agreed to meet at the cafe in a hotel where she is going to stay while she's here in Japan. I'm not really sure on the friend part if they are just friend. I did not ask because I'm not ready to find out yet. We didn't really ask each other much. She just ask if Chaeyoung is fine which I answered with 'Yes'. We both know it's better to talk in person to talk about what happen. And I'm glad, she feel the same since I want to see her first to know if she is trustworthy.

"Let's go Minari." Chaeyoung said as we ride the Ferris wheel.

We sat beside each other. We stay silent as we look outside seeing the everything in down. The sky is orange which will turn dark orange in a little while. I felt Chaeyoung lean on my shoulder. I look at her way as she is still gazing at the skies.

"I like it here." she said.

"You definitely did. You like all the rides and foods." I laugh being reminded on what we did.

"I had so much fun here with you."

"I am too."

When we reach the top, Chaeyoung ask for us to take picture which we did. She is now looking at our picture in the camera with a smile at her face.

"Chaeyoung" I called her attention. She looks at me.

"I want to say something." I said.

"What is it?"

"I"

"I"

I inhaled deeply before saying the next words.

"I'm in love with you."

"I love you, Chaeyoung." I said sincerely as I look at her with all the love I have for her.

She stays looking at me frozen. Without anywords coming from her. Worries starting to rise up with me.

Doesn't she feel the same?

It's fine as long she likes me a little close to what I feel.

I saw tears started falling from her eyes down to her cheeks.

"You love me?" she sound like she did not believe what I said.

I nod and said "I do love you Chaeyoung. So much. I've never felt this intense feeling of love before. Only to you. I love you." I said making sure she knows I'm serious and sure with what I feel for her.

"But you don't know the past me. What if I'm not what you think I am? What if you love the current Chaeyoung but not the past Chaeyoung?" she asked.

I held both of her hands with mine.

"Son Chaeyoung is the person I love that is for sure. I know what and how I feel. Past and current is still you but they don't define my love for you. It's just you. It's just Chaeyoung. You who fill my heart with gladness. You who take away all my sadness. You who fill my life with laughter, somehow you make it better and ease my troubles, that's what you do. I love you and there's no one else above you." I said with so much love.

I brought my lips closer to hers making her stop to think any negative thoughts.

Then finally, our lips connected like two piece of puzzles which made one whole art.We pull apart and connects our forehead. Looking to each other. No words needed. Love surrounds us.

"I love you." I said. She smiles.

"I love you too." she finally said the words I've wanted to hear. Tears slowly falls on my cheeks as I feel so happy being with the person I love.

I pull her close to me by hugging her tightly. I look at the red sky as I silently pleaded above.

I love her. Please don't take her away from me. I wanted to be finally happy this time.

A/N ---- I got some words from a part of a lyrics.