Solitude 孤独 pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Don't add 'dear' to my name," I mumble.

Jae-ha chuckles before sitting up. Yoon wasn't sleeping which meant he was most likely foraging. Jae-ha grabs the orange ribbon that was beside him and ties it around his dark green hair.

I turn away from him. A tree with various marks woodpeckers left is all there is to see.

•••

"What? There's no way... the lord is going to get rid of bandits?" A government official asks.

"That's right. Since we're going to get rid of the bandits, we have arrived from Saika Castle. This is general Kan Soo-jin's son, Lord Kan Tae-jun. And I am his aide, Heuk-chi."
Tae-jun's assistant introduces. "I know this is sudden but... Lord Tae-jun is tired from the long journey from Saika. He is currently recovering.

Ever since the day Tae-jun watched Princess Yona jump off the cliff, his vision was grey. But when he closed his eyes, that person's burning light wouldn't disappear.

A few tears slide down his cheeks as he thinks about his mistakes and how he messed up that day.

"Mister Heuk-chi. Didn't Lord Tae-jun come here to get rid of the bandits?" A government official asks.

"Well, in a way," Heuk-chi responds.

"Then why is he just sitting and looking outside every day?"

"Because as you can see, he's a pitiful person."

"Don't give us a pitiful person!" The government official yells. "Lord Tol-bal has been dismissed! Not to mention we are behind on the tax collections. If he is going to be useless, you should just return to the castle!"

"Do those bandits really exist? Our current information is insufficient." Heuk-chi sighs. He wanted to go back to Saika Castle, but couldn't.

"Well, we haven't actually seen them but, there are definitely bandits that are attacking government officials." The official explains. "However, the information from the witnesses is a little hard to believe."

"What do you mean?"

"A man who has an arm that grows, a green-haired man that can fly, and a man wearing a strange mask and wig. To finish it off, the leader is some girl. The name of their group is also 'The Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch.'"

"Huh? Was that their name? The girl you were talking about sounds a bit attractive."

"Anyway, we need to quickly exterminate these bandits and quickly collect those taxes or higher-ups are going to start complaining..."

"Working for the government is tough work," Heuk-chi says and sips his tea.

All of a sudden, a black-haired government official hurriedly enters the room and falls onto the tatami floor. "They showed up! It's them! The Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch! The bastards got in the way of our tax collecting again!"

"Dammit! They're making us look like fools! Lord Tae-jun! Now let's show those bandits—" a government official starts but sweatdrops when he sees Tae-jun.

"Please punish the sinful me!" Tae-jun looks out the window and begs.

"Lord Tae-jun is currently praying." Heuk-chi points at the man.

"Mister Heuk-chi! Please do something!" The government official begs.

"Lord Tae-jun. Lord Tae-jun. I stole a lock of hair from Princess Yona's ihatsu* that you have to Majesty Soo-won, Lord Kan Tae-jun."
Heuk-chi whispers. "Have you awoken yet, Lord Tae-jun?"