Chapter 7

Gianna A'Mouri POV

Hi guys. My name is Gianna A'Mouri Davis. I am 15 years old and I live with my adoptive parents Lisa Davis and Shawn Davis. I was given up for adoption at birth. I know nothing about my birth mother. I have grown up in a loving home. I have 2 older, annoying brothers, Shawn Jr. who's 16 and Semaj who's 17.

I've been thinking a lot about my birth family and where I come from. I think about my birth mother a lot. I have so many questions for. Why did she give me up? Did she ever want me? Do I have siblings? I want to know what she is like. Who do I look like? Do I look more like her or my father? Who is my father? Are they together? Does my dad even know about me?

I was brought out of my thoughts when SJ big head ass came in my room.

Me: What you want?

SJ: Dad said to tell you to get downstairs and do the dishes like he told you to earlier.

Me: Okay. I'm coming.

Shit. I forgot all about doing the dishes.

We have a system and it rotates every night. We each take our turn doing the dishes, sweeping the kitchen, and taking out the trash after dinner. We have dinner together every night. I forgot that it was my night to do the dishes.

I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen because I am not trying to hear mom or dads mouth about me not doing the dishes.

I finished up washing and drying the dishes and then put them up into the cabinet. I went in the living room with everyone else when I was done.

Dad: There's my baby girl. You finished the dishes?

Me: Yes sir.

I sat down on the couch next to him.

Me and my dad have a really close relationship. I am really close with my mom too but I'm definitely a daddy's girl. I am sorta kinda spoiled. Not much but I get a lot of what I want.

My phone started going off and I looked down to see a message from one of my friends.

Me: Mom, dad, Shanti asked if we could hang out tonight?

Mom: Not tonight. You both have school tomorrow.

I looked at my dad, hoping he would be like, let her go, but he just hit me with this look. Basically saying, I'm not going against what your mom said.

Me: Please. I could just spend the night at her house and then go to school from there tomorrow.

Mom: No Gianna. It is a school night. Speaking of, did you finish all of your homework for today?

Me: Most of it.

Mom: You should go finish the rest of it.

Me: But mom...