3

“You’re still mad?” George asked.

Of course he was. He was so, terribly mad at what happened. The drama on Twitter was just overwhelming and he just wished it was over. Clay had blocked so many people out of anger, and now he was just unblocking them with bitterness. Twitter was just overdramatic. He had apologized and people were still against him. He couldn’t do much. He remembered, by scrolling through the comments, how much some got him upset. He just wanted to be acknowledged and be accepted, yet people were still doubting his words. How was it possible?

Today was another day, but all the drama had reminded him one thing – he was still stuck with the thoughts of not being enough. Day after day, the will of revealing his face caused him more and more pressure. Clay sighed and stroked his hair. He wanted a break. He wanted to have time to think for himself. Instead, all that drama arrived and he was left alone with his bad thoughts. His friends had supported him, fortunately, especially Bad. It was a terrible moment and Clay had felt abandoned. The young man sighed, while listening to George humming from the Discord call.

Now all Clay wanted was to have fun. He had received the VR headset he bought, and wanted to try it on. He had thought about it. If he has to outcome his fear, the closer to reality he was, the safer he would feel as time passes. He had called George so they could try it together. After the incident of the other day, Clay had called him back and explained to George how insecure he felt, and everything had become clear between them. Now they were vibing for a new concept of video: VR Minecraft.

Clay heard many notifications from his phone. George giggled as he read the tweets.

“Your last tweet sounded sooo mad.”

“I was mad!”

“I know, I know. But you seem better now.”

“Yea, somehow. Also, I received my VR headset and all, and I plugged it in”, said Dream. He was ready to put the headset. He was so excited. Playing Minecraft was absolutely one of his favorite things to do. After petting Patches, of course.

“What! But I thought we were doing it together!” cried George. “I haven’t opened it yet!”

“Yes we are, but I want to try it on first.”

“No! Dream!”

“Yes, Dream.”

“NO! DREAM!” George screamed.

Clay wheezed so hard he had to pause himself to breathe. George was so easy to tease.

“Alright, call me when you’re ready then”, said Clay.

“Okay… But don’t start without me!”

“Sure.”

“Alright…”

George hung up and Clay smiled at the Discord page who just closed. He could at least open Minecraft and connect to the server. Just testing. George wouldn’t know. Clay put the headset on his head and it was surprisingly really heavy. He thought VR headsets were much lighter. How was he supposed to play for hours with this huge thing on his head? He groaned as he tried to join the server, blinded by the headset. It took a while before loading. It felt like electric waves were rushing through him and Clay could sense his hands and chin shaking.

Clay felt his heart lifting and his members felt so much lighter, and his head started banging. He closed his eyes, taken by surprise. His head started to ache. Not so much at first, but it really started to hurt. What the hell? That’s so weird. Is it broken? He raised his arms to take the headset, but before Clay could take it off, the pain went away. Slowly, the young man opened his eyes and blinked. Under his eyes had appeared a whole new world.