Prologue:Promises Don't Last Forever

(.Prologue.)

“I really need to tell you something.” Harry smiled nervously at me, interwining our fingers together. I looked at him in confusion.

“Harry, what’s happening? You’re not breaking up wiith me are you?” Tears filled my eyes as I panicked. He can’t break up with me, he’s been my boyfriend for 3 years. Together since we were 13. 

“No, of course not. Just ssshhh.” He placed a finger to my lips softly.

I smiled slightly at him. At least he wasn’t breaking up with me. I was still curious though. What had him so nervous?

Harry cleared his throat. “There are so many words to express how I feel about you. You are my life. I can tell you anything and you won’t judge me. You’re my heart and soul. Dylan MItchell, you are the most caring, sensitive, smart, selfless and beautiful girl in the world. Even though we are only 16, I know that we are meant to be together forever. I love you. I have loved you ever since I met you and I will love you for as long as I shall live. I have something for you. And before you ask, no I’m not proposing. Maybe we are a little bit young for that and your Dad would kick my arse.”

He fumbled through his pockets trying to find something. I giggled through my tears that were falling down my face. They weren’t sad tears. They were happy, joyful tears.

“Harry, I love you too.”

He looked back at me holding a small, velvet box in his hand. I took it out of his palm and opened it up.

“Oh my. Harry, I thought you said...” Nestled among the soft material was a stunning silver ring, with a large ruby heart surrounded by small diamonds.

“No, No. It’s a promise ring, D.”

“It’s beautiful.” I studied it turning it round in my fingers.

“Have yoiu read the inscription on the inside? ‘A ma vie de coeur entier.’ It means ‘For my whole life, all of my heart.’ Harry slipped it on my index finger and lifts my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles.

“I’ll love you for my whole life too.” I whispered as I wrapped my arms round his neck, playing with his luscious brown curls.

Harry softly put his lips onto mine.

Yes, I could definitely live with this forever.