Part 22

We turned around and saw Payton. My face immediately dropped.

P: everyone is inside watching a movie. Do you guys want to join

Joanne: yeah let's head inside.

We stood up and walked back. I was walking with Payton.

P: you ok? You look sad

S: how much did you hear? Of the conversation.

P: I didn't hear anything, but answer my question are you ok?

Thank god!

S: yeah

Payton put his arm around me and started smiling.

~Payton's POV... a few minutes before~

Right now I'm in the house waiting for the girls to come back.

An: hey guys do you want to watch a movie?

Ev: sure

P: you guys pick a movie, I'm going to go get my mom, Faith, and Samantha.

Ev: ok

I walked back to the street to go get them but I stoped in my tracks. I know I shouldn't listen to their conversation, but I couldn't help it. I went behind a tree and waited.

F: we see the way you guys look at each other. You guys were literally out here for over an hour enjoying each other's company.

S: we're just friends... best friends.

That hurt

F: why are you lying to yourself.

S: ... I'm not..

Joanne: you just did it again.

She took a deep breath.

S: I'm scared.

F: of what?

S: of course I like Payton, but everything in my life goes. Sooner or later he's next. If I just stay in the friends zone I won't get hurt. Plus he doesn't like me. When we were in the movie theater yesterday. Anthony asked if he liked me, he said we're just best friends. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

Joanne: aww sweetie come here

My mom and Faith hugged Samantha. Aww... WAIT... SAMANTHA HEARD ME IN THE MOVIE THEATERS? SHIT. Hold up. Rewind. Did Samantha say that she likes ME? Omg I can't believe Samantha likes... me.

They let go of the hug and I took a step closer. That was my mistake. I stepped on a branch and it made a loud noise. The girls turned around. Shit. Samanthas face dropped when she saw me. I can't let her know that I heard there conversation. But at least I know I have a shot now.

~your POV~

Everyone was downstairs watching a movie while I was in my room. I was laying on my bed just trapped in my own thoughts. Then I heard a knock on the door.

S: ITS OPEN

Payton then walked in with a big smile plastered on his face.

S: why are you smiling?

P: because I'm happy

He said that while jumping on my bed as laying down next to me.

S: is the movie over?

P: no

S: then why are you up here?

P: fine you don't want my company so I'm leaving.