Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

To Tori’s surprise, Jade reached into her pocket and pulled out a small wrapped gift and gave it to her.

“You didn’t have to get me anything,” was Tori’s first response to which Jade just rolled her eyes and leant back into the couch, hands in pockets.

“Don’t get used to it, I don’t usually buy people anything for Christmas.”

Tori fingered the small package, trying to guess what it was.

“Then why did you get me this?” she asked, looking at the red wrapping paper. It was wrapped beautifully, Tori was almost jealous. She had never been able to get her presents to look like this.

“Because I felt like it,” Jade replied stubbornly. Tori just smiled and shook her head.

“I have something for you too,” Tori admitted shyly.

Jade’s eyes lit up as she grinned broadly.

“Really? What is it?”

Tori laughed and went over to the tree, crouched down beneath its base and found the present. She had searched high and low for a suitable gift for Jade when she had finally had the idea of building a bear that, when you pressed its paw, sang the song she had written for Jade. She hoped that Jade would like it and felt apprehensive when she handed it to the girl.

Jade received it with a dazzling smile and a wink at the brunette whose feelings were resembling something of a tornado at the moment.

“Shall we open our presents together?” Jade asked as Tori settled back down beside her, this time closer so that their knees were touching and their legs were brushing together. Tori nodded and the girls were silent for a moment as they unwrapped their gifts.

Tori’s mouth dropped when she saw what Jade had gotten her. It was a gorgeous gold necklace shaped as a small piano. When she turned the piano over, the words beautiful girl were engraved in the back. Tears sprang to her eyes as sudden emotion flooded through her. She felt wanted, needed, loved.

“Oh Jade!” Tori exclaimed looking at the girl with misty eyes. “This is the most beautiful necklace I’ve ever seen. Thank you so much.”

Jade had a lump in her throat as she opened her own present. The bear was adorable and incredibly soft. It was dressed in a small, black, leather jacket and mini shorts which made her smile. She saw that the paw had ‘PRESS ME’ on it, and so she did. The sound of Tori’s voice filled the air and the girls fell silent, listening to the words of what was once a confession of feelings that Jade was unaware of.

The lump in Jade’s throat grew as she struggled not to start bawling as Tori was beside her. This girl was wonderful and deserved the entire world, deserved so much more than what Jade could give her.

After the song finished, all Jade could say was, “wow.”

“D-do you like it?” Tori blubbered as she wiped her eyes.

“I love it,” Jade whispered, stroking the bear’s ears fondly.

“Jade?” Jade’s eyes snapped to Tori’s. She was holding the necklace she had given her. “Can you put this on me?”

Jade bit her lip and nodded.

“Turn around,” she murmured, taking the necklace from Tori. Tori complied and moved her hair away from her neck. Jade took in the sight of her pale skin, noting the freckles dotted across her neck and the birthmark in her hairline. Slowly, Jade undid the clasp on the necklace and reached around, placing it on Tori’s neck. Her fingers brushed the girl’s skin which was so soft, softer than any toy bear, and took great pleasure in the sigh Tori made at the contact.

Tori turned back around and grasped the jewelry, smiling.

“Thank you Jade, honestly. It is so beautiful, I just… I don’t know what to say,” Tori babbled. Jade leaned forward suddenly and wrapped her arms around the girl, burying her face in the brunette’s hair. Tori responded automatically, pulling the girl even closer.

“Thank you, Tori,” Jade murmured. “You’ve made this the best Christmas I’ve ever had.”

Tears were threatening Tori again so she didn’t reply, only placed her lips on the black haired beauty’s neck, her hands trailing down to her waist and resting there.

The girls stayed there for what seemed like a lifetime, and when they finally pulled apart, both pairs of eyes were slightly misty. They looked at each other and were suddenly laughing.

“Keep it down!” Trina’s screeching voice came from upstairs. “I’m trying to concentrate!”

“Your sister is such a charmer,” Jade grinned. Tori just rolled her eyes and shook her head, still clutching the necklace. Jade put her hand on Tori’s thigh and squeezed, causing shivers to crawl up and down the brunette’s spine. Their gaze was pulled to one another again and something changed. Something clicked. The air between them became electrified. Jade leaned forward once again, but not for a hug. With both hands cupping the soft skin of Tori’s face, their eyes never leaving each other’s, Jade finally brushed her lips against Tori’s. It was brief and oh so gentle, yet Tori’s heart burst, her eyes fluttered close and she found herself desperately wanting so much more. The scent of Jade was washing over her and it was a miracle that she could even form a coherent thought.

Jade leaned back slightly, worried that she may have overstepped a boundary but Tori just squeaked and yanked the black-haired beauty back towards her, crashing her lips against Jade’s once again. This time it was raw and passionate, Jade’s hands flying to Tori’s waist and bringing them roughly closer. Tori moaned into the kiss which just spurred Jade on. It was all teeth, lips and tongue and it was wonderful.

Tori had never felt so completed, so wanted and so goddamn turned on in her life. She found her own hands wandering, as if with a life of their own as they travelled downwards, resting on Jade’s thighs and slowly, ever so slowly, rising upwards.

Jade was in heaven. She had never had a kiss so fiery and heated. She was throbbing and needy and just wanted to touch Tori forever and ever, never wanting to let go of her. The emotions running through her body were indescribable and she welcomed them gladly, a distraction from the usual numbness she felt on a regular basis. She knew she could get addicted to this. And she knew she wouldn’t care.

Tori’s hands were getting dangerously close to her heated core and Jade groaned lowly, reluctantly grabbing the brunette’s wrist.

“I-I’m sorry,” Tori breathed heavily once they broke apart. Jade just shook her head.

“Don’t be.” She pulled them together again and with surprising strength, lifted Tori onto her lap so that the girl was straddling her. Tori squealed and laughed into the kiss. Jade smirked and ran her hands down the brunette’s back and grabbed her jean clad ass which was met with a muffled moan.

Jade had wanted to do this for so long and she felt her heart swell as she gave her all to the girl on top of her.

She was hopelessly in love and she knew it. But right now, all that mattered was Tori.