Chapter 35: I Need Your Time

MERIELLE'S POV

     Lucifer is completely unlike any of his other brothers in the most obvious ways. He is much more mature, knows his priorities, sets those priorities straight, gets them done, and mostly meets his own expectations. He also lets out this strange aura where whenever you gaze at him, somehow you will be mesmerized.

     So when Lucifer walked closer and closer to me a minute ago, I did not step back. I did not move away. I did not divert my eyes from his. My mind was telling me to be cautious and step away, but my body doesn't seem to listen. I just stayed there, standing still like a complete idiot as he stepped closer and closer to me with his bedroom eyes staring straight at me.

     Did he cast a spell on me? Argh!

     Lucifer stopped when our bodies are only five inches away from each other. He lifted my chin using his right hand and made me look up at his red and black, gradient eyes.

     "I am truly sorry about all this. You get dragged on my brothers' stupidities," he said in a soothing (read: sexy) voice.

     "That's okay," I said almost in a whisper. I couldn't seem to find enough volume for my voice! "It is fun being around them."

     "How about me?"

     "What do you mean by that?"

     "Is it fun being around me?" he clarified.

     "I don't know how to answer that, to be honest," I replied.

     Lucifer let go of my chin and took two steps back. His eyes became soft and I can feel that he is somehow sad.

     "I'm sorry, but," I said as I finally found my voice and used it to explain what I meant. "You barely have time for me. Ever since I got here, the ones who accompany me are your brothers. Leviathan plays games, watches anime and reads mangas with me. Mammon shows off his new things and tells me tall tales about himself. Although it is sometimes annoying, it is interesting most of the time. Asmodeus dresses me up or puts make-ups on me. You know, he fixes me up and tries to make me look better on the outside. It is like a girl's bonding, actually. I don't like make-ups, so he mostly just chooses clothes for me. He helps me not to look hideous. Tan Tan is someone I can share my book interests with. We read books that we recommend to each other and we discuss books which I really love! With Beelzebub's help, I am better at the kitchen now. I can now cook and bake more foods than I have before! Belphegor is someone I run to when I am tired of everything throughout the day. He helps me calm down and relax, mostly by helping me sleep. He likes taking a nap with me and we would wake up together feeling better. All of your brothers also help me with RAD duties and homework that it is like bonding time with each one already. But you... the only time where we actually spent time together was when you were assigned to look after me for the day at RAD for the first time. You have been asking your brothers to substitute you for the next days where you were assigned because you have a lot of things to do and apparently, I am not worth a sliver of your time anymore. It actually kinda hurts."

     "Sorry," Lucifer said then... hugged me!

     "Lucifer I-"

     "Please, let me hold you even for a minute," he pleaded.

     I just surrendered and let him hug me. I could feel and hear him breathing heavily. After a minute, he spoke, but still did not let go of the hug.

     "I am sorry that I don't have that much time for you as much as my brothers do," he said. "I had been swamped with all of the student council works and RAD and... well... everything else that I have not noticed that you needed my time and affection. I thought that you will be fine. I thought you would not need me. I saw how much fun you have with my brothers. I unintentionally watched you with them every now and then. Every time that I would see you with them, you were smiling, laughing, and seems to be having a good time. I'm sorry. I promise you, I will spend more time with you from now on."

     I touched Lucifer's cheeks and made him face me. His eyes are red. Did he cry? That is so unlike him! But, he is still one with feelings, so maybe he did or did not.

     I smiled as I said, "No need to. You are the eldest among all your brothers. They really are a handful bunch. I know that you are annoyed that Mammon is in trouble again, but I also know that somehow, you would help him."

     "You sure observe a lot," Lucifer said as he smiled.

     "You are also a RAD Student Council Member and Diavolo's right-hand man," I added. "That tops up to your duties a lot."

     "You are right," Lucifer said. "But I will take a break every now and then to spend more time with you."

     "That is nice," I said. "But I can also help you out with your duties when I am done with mine and I have nothing scheduled to do with your brothers. I would help you."

     Lucifer smiled. "Do you really want to do that?"

     I nodded. "It could be like our own bonding time! Also, I believe I could learn a lot of new things while I am helping you."

     Lucifer tapped my head using his right hand, still wearing that smile, "I don't know what I did to deserve to have someone like you in my life."

     I chuckled at that. He sounds like a boyfriend being grateful for having his girlfriend.

     Lucifer turned serious and his bedroom eyes are back. This time, his eyes are not fixed on my eyes but on my lips. His right hand slid down from my head to my cheek. He caressed it while leaning in for a bit, his left hand supporting me on my waist with care, as if I am about to fall at any moment and break into pieces like a porcelain doll. I could feel his breathing as he leaned in closer, his head tilting a bit to the left, his eyes fully fixed on my eyes.

     "Merielle," he breathed.

     "Lucifer," I breathed.

     Personally, I have always found Lucifer really charming and eye-catchy. His mesmerizing gradient red and black eyes, his prideful stead, his maturity, how he handles things, how he is always calm, cool, and collected... he is a real heartthrob in his own cool and mature way. He is not like Mammon who could be showy and cocky, especially that he is a famous model. He is like the sadistic, prideful prince of that anime that I recently watched. He is one of those kinds of men where you will get intimidated at first only to find yourself falling in love for him because, despite his sometimes scary look and actions, he could reveal his soft and loving side to the only one he trusts.

     Our lips are only an inch away from each other now. I could feel our hearts thumping faster as our lips are near to closing the small gap between them. Just a little more and Lucifer and I will ki-

     "Lucifer! May I come in?"

     Diavolo's voice came as the door opened.

     Lucifer and I were shocked and glued to our position as we looked at Diavolo and Diavolo who came in with Barbatos looked just as confused and shocked as we are.

     "I am guessing that we came in at the wrong time, my lord," Barbatos said with a knowing smile.

     "I am thinking the same thing," Diavolo agreed with a matching smirk.

     Lucifer let go of me gently and straightened his clothes.

     "You could have waited for me to answer the before you opened the door, Diavolo," Lucifer said, irritated.

     "Maybe I really should have," Diavolo agreed.

The embarrassment is too much!

     "I'm sorry. Please excuse me," I said as I rushed to get out of the room and straight to my room, leaving Lucifer inside his room along with Diavolo and Barbatos.