Katrina Ramos Atienza talking about Well Played

Hi! I'm Katrina Ramos Atienza, author of Well Played. Well Played is available in online ebook retailers such as Amazon, Smashwords and Scribd. Well Played is a Filipino retelling of Pride & Prejudice set in a university much like the University of the Philippines at Los Banos. The main character or Lizzie Bennet is Patrice de los Reyes, a Communication Arts scholar and member of the university's women's football varsity team. Well Played's Mr. Darcy is Paul Dalmacio, her rich neighbor, a socially inept math nerd. As you know from Jane Austen's famous story, they dislike each other upon their first meeting--but that changes throughout the course of the story.

I wrote this book in 2013 as a love letter to three of my favorite things: Pride & Prejudice (particularly the 2005 Keira Knightley movie, #teamHandFlex), football, and my alma mater, UPLB. Throughout the years there have been many retellings and remixes of Pride & Prejudice and I thought it's such a classic story that we can easily tell the same beloved plot here in the Philippines.

If you liked Well Played, I hope you can consider following and supporting the Philippines women's national football team, the Malditas. They are an incredible group of hardworking and talented women who honestly need our support. Please follow them on Twitter @Malditas_PH to keep updated on their games and cheer for them.

Readers of my books should try and read the author Agay Llanera. Her Young Adult books such as Choco Chip Hips and Another Word For Happy are touching, emotional and beautiful tales of self discovery and self acceptance.