16 | phone call

not edited

_______

dahlia

i push my front door open to be greeted by my two dogs, rory and storm, immediately dropping to my knees to give them a pat. i smile widely, ruffling their soft fur before my eyes are pulled away from them by a familiar voice.

"i've been waiting for you for ages damn, does school finish later now?"

i look up to see christian standing there, my eyebrows furrowing in surprise, "what are you doing here?" i ask.

"jesus where's my 'oh hi christian, it's so great to see you!'," he says sarcastically with a grin as his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

"oh shut up, not that i'm not happy to see you but what are you doing here?" i mumble into his chest.

"i missed you, i wanted to see you... oh and julians throwing a party tonight so i thought i'd ask if you wanted to come," he pauses before saying the last part.

my eyes roll at the add on, "couldn't you have called?"

"damn someone's in a mood today," he lightly chuckles.

"m'sorry i just had a rough day at school today, i'll come to the party," i sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"are you sure? you don't have to come if you're feelin' down," christian pulls away and gives me a concerned look.

"no i'll come, a party's exactly what i need right now."

"alright, well we'll head to julians at eight, party starts at nine," a smile appears on his face as i give him a nod.

-

christian pushes julians front door open, not bothering to knock since julian had clearly not bothered to lock the door.

christian takes my hand, leading me to the kitchen where julian and another boy who looks about their age, maybe a little older, stand putting stacks of red cups on top of the island.

the pairs eyes look up at use as they hear our footsteps, the two boys immediately checking me out, "damn dahl you look fucking hot," julian compliments, i give him a playful smirk in return as my eyes turn to the guy next to him, which christian notices.

"dahlia that's lincoln, julians cousin, lincoln this is my girl dahlia," christian introduces.

i flash the the dirty blonde boy a polite smile and he returns one, only his being more of a smirk than a smile.