010|

HOSPITAL
TUESDAY 8:47PM|

"yoon jisoo, here for yoon jieun." a lady rushed into the hospital while patting down her frizzy hair and balancing her purse onto one arm.

"the aunt?" the front nurse asked and the lady frantically nodded while looking around the hospital.

the nurse handed her a visitor sticker and pointed to where the elevator is. she made a call to the doctor in charge of jieun to inform him of the aunt on her way there.

jisoo reached jieun's room and was immediately greeted by the doctor that was already in there doing some check ups.

"hi ms. yoon, im glad you were able to come as soon as possible. im dr. lee and i am jieun's doctor. your niece was unfortunately hit by a car and it may have caused some damage to her head. we called you here to get your authorization and to also inform you about the situation since you're her legal guardian."

"is she okay? oh my god, i'm sorry for not being able to make it sooner." jisoo felt her knees go weak seeing her precious niece laying on the hospital bed with stitches and bruises all over her fragile body. "when is the scan being done?" jisoo asked dr. lee who was writing stuff onto his clipboard.

"if you approve, we can get it done tomorrow. we're trying to get it done as soon as possible so if there is any problems we won't be too late."

"ok, do it. what do i have to sign?" the aunt asked as she held onto the niece's limped hand.

"that's great to hear. we just need you to sign here-" he pointed to the spots on the paper, "and here."

jisoo quickly scanned the documents and signed it. "what will happen from here? how long will she have to stay in the hospital?"

"after the brain scan, jieun will have to stay in the hospital for at least 1 month for her to fully recover from all of her injuries. we can get her excused from school so she's not kept back a grade for exceeding the absence limit. i noticed you don't stay with her yet she's a minor?"

"yes, jieun wanted her own place so i got her an apartment near school and her close friend's houses in case anything happens. i also stay with her on the weekends to make sure everything's okay, i usually get there on friday in the afternoon and leave on monday after she leaves for school in the morning."

"ahh ok, thank you for getting here and signing the papers. you're welcome to stay with jieun if you want, the seat against the wall over there can pull out to make a bed if you need to sleep. we have some blankets and pillows in the cabinet over there and if you need anything else just tell the nurses that will be coming in every few hours to do tests on jieun. i won't be here all night but if anything happens i'll be informed and get here as fast as i can. thank you again ms. yoon, have a good night."

"no need to thank me. i should be the one thanking you, have a good night dr. lee," jisoo lightheartedly said as dr. lee gave her a smile and began making his way out.

"oh, the wifi password is here on this wall if you need it!"