Chapter 32: Friends

Start from the beginning

Tybalt and Royce couldn't figure out how Nazareth and Finneas got their roles.

Frederick Meyers was supposed to play Sir Gilde, and while Tybalt supported his transfer, he realized it would have been better if he stayed for another quarter.

It was expected for someone else to play Sir Gilde, but for Professor Rickman to pawn it off to Finneas?

Everything went to hell from there.

First of all, not only was this nepotism, but Finneas could barely say his lines without dry heaving.

With Frederick, he was at least good enough to cover Nazareth's shitty acting.

Anyone other than Finneas would have made a better Sir Gilde.

Lady Lettuse would have played a better Sir Gilde and she didn't even talk in class!

(No one knew Professor Rickman had chosen Odum and his nephew for the roles, not only due to the scores they got from the alchemy quiz they took a couple of months ago, but also due to his previous impression of them. How the fuck was he supposed to know Meyers would suddenly transfer classrooms? Besides, he thought he could trust Finneas to play a good Sir Gilde.

Before, Finneas had been acting like a shy and timid lamb for years while Odum not only looked like a pale and sickly patient but had the personality of a hysterical madman with one purpose in life. Both of these personalities were perfect for the roles.

No one would have thought that one boy was reincarnated for the second time and another was unintentionally giving off innocent vibes due to seasonal allergies and a tight control on his language so he wouldn't die.

In summary, the plot of the play was either going to be burned to the ground or cause a riot due to the unfortunate miscast.)

---

Neo watched his companions bicker with one another and wanted to die.

Finneas was about to throw hands with Royce after the latter pointed out his poor acting skills.

"—beats me how someone like you got to play Gilde—"

"Says the one playing the Nurse!"

Tybalt, the ever-patient mediator, cut that argument off at its roots rather quickly.

"Maybe we should skip to another scene. How about we move on to the one where the Nurse, the Cousin, and Lady Rose are talking? Finneas can take a break."

They have been focusing mainly on Finneas' scenes since he had the most speaking parts. The character of Gilde was a very... romantic character, who enjoyed going on and on with disturbingly detailed descriptions of Lady Rose and soliloquies consisting of why he loved her.

Since noon, Neo was forced to stare 'lovingly' (emotionlessly) into Finneas' 'loving' (pissed-off) gaze as they awkwardly huddled together and held hands for the umpteenth time.

For both boys, it was a very awkward experience...

Ultimately, it was agreed that Finneas could have a break so Tybalt and Royce could finally read out their scenes.

The two boys who played less important characters that coincidentally died by the end of Act One—but if you were to ask Tybalt, he died at the very end of the Act whilst Royce's character barely made it to scene three—got into their places with Neo.

Surprisingly enough, Royce was not all that terrible in his portrayal of Lady Rose's nurse, and Tybalt had quite the talent in acting out the lines of Lady Rose's cousin.