Chapter 21: Delphinium

This chapter is brought to you by AuRoRa by ONEWE.

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

"Emotions, Odum! You need more emotions!"

Neo stared at his Professor blankly.

Why was this his life?

From across the room, Tybalt raised his hand.

"Erm... Professor, I thought today was the table read. Is all of this really necessary...?" His words gradually trailed off when Rickman gave him the stink-eye, looking both unimpressed and exasperated at the same time.

"Erm, never mind."

Rickman crossed his arms. "There are no such things in life as a 'table-read', Phelan. All of you must imagine every rehearsal as a real performance. Reality does not conform to your time and all mistakes will become a part of the show. Must I remind you again of what happened to your lovely," he sneered, "Professor Dogstar's class when they performed the show last year?"

The rest of the class quickly chorused, "Yes, Professor."

Neo internally rolled his eyes.

Everyone in the Academy was fully aware of the aggressive rivalry between Professor Rickman and Professor Dogstar. The two teachers have been at each other's throats for a near two decades, trying to outdo one another in the most inane fashion.

Neo honestly thought they should just kiss already.

Dogstar's class already did the Tragedy of Ohmlet the year before since he was the headteacher for the current Third Year Senior students. On the other hand, Rickman was put in charge of... them.

Their class might not be the best, seeing as he was in it, along with Finneas, Tybalt, and Royce, but he remembered they did a pretty great rendition of the play.

It was actually far better than Aurelion's second year. Now, that show was a total disaster. He didn't even do anything and the stage mysteriously combusted for no reason. It was honestly the funniest thing he'd ever seen.

It was tradition for the Senior students to perform The Tragedy of Ohmlet in their second year. The professors were allowed to add creative liberties to the script, but the play must be performed, like a rite of passage of sorts.

Neo would have enjoyed participating... if he wasn't playing Lady Rose.

"... Frederick, your hand is very sweaty. Can you let go of me?"

Frederick Meyers, his co-star, dropped his hands and nervously wiped his own on his pants.

"S-sorry..."

Neo pursed his lips.

They were in front of the class for the read-through. Professor Rickman wanted them to get used to a "captive audience", which raised many concerns. The students didn't know if Rickman knew what the word meant—and if he did, could they consider it as a joke? Or did he mean it literally...?

Neo shot a look at his friends, silently asking for help.

He received a thumbs-up from Tybalt and a scowl from Finneas.

Royce wasn't paying attention as he was too busy reading through his lines for his next scene.

"... How dare you, you foolish swine... you... you three-inch... fool? Wait, is the Nurse a woman?!"

Yeah, Neo didn't think Royce would be playing the Nurse, either. In their last life, Lady Lettuse played the role, but this time around, she was able to pass it off to Royce due to his absences and happily went into behind-the-scenes technician work.