I'm Not Losin' You Too (Part 1) [Dino x Fem! Reader] / [Dino x Coctura]

"Nice work, Dino." Libertus placed a hand on the jeweler's shoulder, commending him for the work he'd done with helping out the Glaives. "We appreciate all that you've done to help us out."

Dino smiled and shook his head, "Only doin' what's right. You Glaives are doing ya best to protect us, and I respect that." He held a clipboard to his side. Ever since Libertus had brought up the Glaives needing help with getting across the ocean over to Angelgard, he's been working non-stop to help out in whichever way he could in preparation for that day.

"Oh yea, by the way," Libertus started, "A little birdie back at Lestallum told me that someone was askin' about you. I think they said her name was... _______?-" He stopped himself after he noticed that Dino's eyes widened in shock, which was then replaced by happiness.

"Wh- Holy shit, you're kiddin'?!" Dino nearly dropped the clipboard in his hand, but quickly caught it before any papers were bent or flown away. He hadn't heard that name in months, and nearly assumed the worse when he hadn't heard from her in quite a while. No texts, calls, or emails answered. Just an empty inbox. "S-She's alive?"

Libertus moved his hand from Dino's shoulder to his back, rubbing it comfortingly and giving him a small pat. "Yup. And from the looks of it, I'd say that she's someone important to you. Why don't we get you a ride ova' there, after we're done here?"

"That- ..Thank you, Libertus," Dino looked at him, giving him a wide and sincere smile.

___

"Thanks for the ride fellas, 'preciate it!" Dino's boots made contact with the hard cement once he got out of the vehicle.

"No problem," the driver nodded to Dino, poking his head out of the open window.

"And tell Iris I said you're welcome," Libertus added. "She's the kid who's running a small clothing shop on a cart."

Apparently, Iris had overheard a young woman asking around for anyone by the name of "Dino". The mysterious lady then went up to Iris, introducing herself as _______, and proceeded to ask about Dino's whereabouts. When Iris couldn't give her an answer (regrettably), she politely apologized. Later on that day, Libertus came into Lestallum with a Glaive at his side. Another pair of hands to help with transferring power. Iris happily waved Libertus over after he'd finished showing the Glaive around, wanting to hear of his recent adventures. During the conversation that she had with him, Dino's name had slipped out of his mouth.

"Oh, you know Dino?" Iris asked with sudden interest.

Libertus cocked his head to the side, "Uh yea, why?"

"Someone came here earlier asking everyone if they've seen him around. Not sure if he's the same Dino she's looking for, but do you mind mentioning it to him when you get back?"

"Sure, don't see why not," Libertus said. "What's her name?"

"Er.. _______?"

"Yea, I'll be sure to do that! And I'll give her my thanks as well," Dino turned his body, briefly waving at the two men in the truck before doing a one-eighty. His thoughts were racing as he reached the set of stairs. Could it really be her? Well- no shit, who else would be asking for him under the name _______? Astrals, he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt his heart beat this fast. He hastily made his way past the last flight of stairs, taking a moment to compose himself. Breathe, Dino, he exhaled. First things first, ya gotta find Iris. With eyes now scanning around the area, he first found an ammunition shop to his left. Next to that on it's right was where he found his ex-boss, Vyv Dorden's- ...Wait WHAT. Dino made a quick turn to his right and sped, looking to find a hiding spot within two seconds. Eh, behind that tent? Dino shook his head, Whateva, I just need to make sure he doesn't see me. Finding a suitable spot between a wall and a tent he found propped up, he took a breather, resting his hands on his knees as he slightly bent over.

"Excuse me, mister, are you alright?"

"Wha- Uh, yea- Ya, I'm fine!" Dino stood up straight, making eye contact with a young girl who was in front of him. With an arm behind her back, and the other arm remaining at her side, she also stood straight up, following his eyes. "Didn't mean to worry ya, sweetie."

The girl smiled, "You just had me worried when you whizzed past my stand! Glad to hear you're okay, though."

"Your stand, eh?" his grey eyes shifted from her brown ones over to the left, where he found a cart stocked up with clothes and other various accessories. Quickly, he put two and two together. "Wait a sec... Any chance you're Iris?"

Her brows lifted at the question, "Yup, that's me! How did you..-?"

"Name's Dino, Dino Ghiranze. Pleasure meetin' ya, Doll."

"Ah, so you're Dino!" Iris happily clapped her hands together in front of her. "I'm Iris Amicitia!"

Dino chuckled, waving his hand up dismissively, "No need to tell me. Daughter of the House of Amicitia, the King's Shield's little sis." The look on her face must've been easy to read, because it caused the young man to let out a snort. "I used to be a journalist, sweetheart. Know almost everything off the back of my hand."

Iris gave him an impressed nod, "Wow, that's amazing."

"Nah, years of research'll do that to ya," Dino said, shaking his head. "Oh, before I forget, Libertus wanted to say 'You're welcome,' and I wanted to give ya my thanks in person- Really." His eyes softened as he spoke out the last sentence.

"Aw, don't mention it. _______ seemed really worried about you."

"Ya don't say. She's had me worried sick...!" Dino gave her a look of disbelief. "Speakin' of _______, do ya know where she is?"

The brown haired girl gave him a nod, "Yup, she should be back in a few minutes! I asked her to grab me something for the shop, since I can't just leave it unattended." She turned her body, gesturing towards the cart as she walked closer to it. Dino followed behind her, inspecting the items on display a tad bit closer. He still kept the thought of his ex-boss just a few steps away in the back of his mind, though. Shuffling behind someone nearby, he managed to shield himself from Vyv's field of vision before continuing to browse the rather wide selection of clothing.

"Is that a uh..- Moogle costume?" Dino shook his head at the silly costume, holding it up to his body.

This earned him a giggle from Iris, "Yup! I think it fits you, too."

"Y'know what, I don't even think you're wrong," the two of them laughed, only to pause when they heard a soft voice next to them.

".... Dino?"

"-_______...?"

___

WHOO boy, that was a long one to write! This is an AU I randomly came up with, which takes place in the events of FFXV's Multiplayer game, Comrades. Dino and the reader are close friends, who lost contact with each other due to some unanswered complications. Him and reader are just close friends, as he is still dating Coctura at the moment (who he keeps in touch with on his phone, whenever he gets the chance to call or text her). In the next chapter, however, Libertus brings in some unsettling news for the jeweler...