Astraphobia [OT4 x Fem! Reader]

"Yeesh, that was loud. The hell was that?"

"Noct, I think you might've made the thunder god angry again."

"Haha, very funny."

"... _______, are you quite alright..?"

Heads turned to look at your smaller form, sitting at the edge of the bed. The four men suddenly shot up from their seats, eyes widening as they saw a look of panic written all over your face.

"_______..? _______?"

-

You barely heard anything around you. Your mind only focused on that loud, heartdropping noise that happened just a few moments ago.

"Prompto- .... mustn't ... .. too close, .......-'s in ... ... ... panic."

"Shit, .. didn't know ..... ... bad.."

The noise from outside started once more, drumming softly before turning into a loud rumble only seconds later. Your breath hitched, and you held it in for gods know how long. It was getting difficult to breathe, and you were beyond scared.

You were terrified.

Why were your hands shaking? Were you crying, too? Please.. make it stop... Your heart pounded abnormally in your chest, and your eyes remained fixated straight ahead. Whatever was happening in front of you right now was all a blur. The soft bark of orders and worried calls of your name were muffled through your ears.

"Gladio.... water ... idge .... -____-.. _______, I need you.. ... look .... me. ... you hear... me?"

That voice.. sounds familiar...

"I-.. Ignis?"

"Yes, yes that's me, I'm ... .. here. We're right- .... ... , _______.." The waver of your voice brought more concern to the men in the room, all of their attention now focused on you. Slowly, Ignis brought his hands up to cup your wet cheeks. "Dear, can you still hear me?" Those hands felt warm.. had he taken off his gloves?

"Y.. Yea..."

"Good, good.." He sat next to you, carefully bringing you into an embrace. His voice became much softer, asking you, "Is this alright?" You gave a small nod, finding yourself pressing closer against him. A soft sigh left his lips as he lovingly stroked your hair, his other hand gently pressing your head into his chest. He whispered words of reassurance into your ear as he felt you trembling against him. Taking note of your hands clinging onto his shirt, he held you tighter.
The guys would never say this to you upfront, but they were scared. If this is how your astraphobia was right now, they couldn't bare to imagine how you'd handle this alone when they weren't around to comfort you. It broke their hearts to see you in such a vulnerable, frightened state.

"Must've been far away, didn't even see a flash of warning." With what vision you had looking through Ignis' arm, you could see Gladiolus crossing his arms, leaning his back against the wall. In his mind, Ignis knew how to deal with these situations better than the rest of them, so he kept to himself. That doesn't mean he wasn't observing, though, to help you in such cases where it would be just the two of you together. Next to Gladio, Prompto was looking down at you with eyes full of concern. He knelt down in front of you and placed a hand on your knee, his thumb gently rubbing against it.

"Yeah.. and it was enough to shake _______ up..." In his other hand was the water bottle that Ignis had asked Gladio for earlier. Prompto placed it down on the bed next Ignis, his eyes still looking into yours. "Is she gonna be alright, Iggy?"
"In due time.." Ignis' brows furrowed, hearing a sniffle below him, "Are you feeling better, darling?" Despite your reddened eyes and soft hics, you nodded your head. The thunder had noticablely died down, and the sound of Iggy's heartbeat grounded you to a point.
"I-I'm... sorry.. I know... this is super childish, god..." You pulled yourself from Ignis' embrace, frantically rubbing your hands against your face to wipe away the tears, taking in a few deep breaths while doing so. The bed dipped next to you on your right, and looking down you saw a familiar pair of boots belonging to Noctis.

"You don't have to apologize, _______, and it's really not childish at all. We've all got our own fears-"

"Bugs."

The prince shuddered, "Never say that again. A-Anyways, we're here, and you're safe with us. I promise." Bringing a hand up to hold both of yours, Noctis gave you a reassuring smile, pulling them away from your face.

"You mean we promise," Prompto quickly corrected him.

Noctis chuckled, shaking his head, "Yea yea, we promise." A small giggle filled the hotel room, belonging to you.

"There's that smile," Gladio walked over to you, playfully ruffling up your hair.

You gently pushed his hand away, giggling once more, "Thanks, you guys.. really..."

"Nah, it's our job to keep you safe. I'll personally punch the thunder back where it came from if it scares you again."

"Is that even possible?-"

"It is if you're as strong as me, Sunshine."

-

Hello! I wrote this in a panic the moment I heard a strange rumbling noise outside of my house, so in an attempt to calm myself down I pulled up a new draft and immediately started writing this out. I'm still shaken, but I hope this helps any of you guys out too! This was a chapter that was purely written out of instinct and panic.. TwT
Update: A friend informed me it was thunder, agh!
Curse you Mother Nature!