Chapter 6

Everything moved fast after the ceremony. Before she knew it, Hermione was on a golden beach, the wind whipping her sundress around her thighs. All their things had been shrunken and put in their pockets, so the most they carried were two small bags of the overflow. She gaped as the sun glittered on the bright blue ocean.

"What do you think?" Severus asked softly. She turned to him, stared for a moment, and then hugged him tightly around his abdomen. After a beat of shock, he hugged her back, his arms snaking around her shoulders and resting at her waist.

"It's perfect!" she exclaimed, pulling back just far enough to see his face, "Merlin, Severus… How much did this cost?"

"Cost is not an issue. I honestly have more money than I know what to do with, so I would much rather be putting it to good use spoiling my wife instead of letting it collect dust in Gringotts," he replied, leaning down to press a chaste kiss to her forehead. She smiled softly before moving onto her tiptoes and catching his lips in a short lived kiss as he pulled away. Then she turned, her right arm still around his waist, to face the clear blue ocean, shimmering like a thousand sapphires in the sunlight.

"Where are we?" she asked as she noted the people on the beach noticing them but not batting an eyelash.

"A hidden island somewhere around Hawaii. No one except the owners know it's exact location. It's a wizarding world safe haven. The only way to travel here is via portkey. Anyone who tries to sail in will simply end up on the other side," he explained, one arm draped over her shoulder and the other gesturing to the people who conjured umbrellas and tables in the middle of the beach without a second thought. Someone else was shaping the water into dolphins that leaped and splashed around the children in the water, who laughed with glee. She smiled at the sweet sight, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"What would you like to do first, Madam Snape?" Severus asked suddenly, she turned her eyes to him.

"Shall we head to our quarters to unpack, or would you rather we go enjoy the beach a bit?" he elaborated, and she glanced at the beach then at their bags before moving back to him.

"We'd best head to our room and unpack our bags. That way if we're tired later, we can simply head to bed without any worries or chores to accomplish," she reasoned and Severus nodded.

"Very well. This way to the resort," he said, and their fingers entwined before they walked off toward the path leading from the beach.

What's up, my creatives. Uncreative here.

Happy Pride. So... if you're at this chapter, then you've probably read my author's note. I'm sorry it's not much, but with everything that's going on, I figured this might lift a few spirits at least. I'll try to post something more substantial soon, but my mind is a jumbled mess these days. Hope you enjoy this little opener to their honeymoon. Time for the word count.

Word Count: 577

In case no one told you today, you are beautiful, handsome, valid, and important. No matter race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or religion. I love you so much, and please stay safe.

Peace out, my broskis, siskis, and theyskis. Uncreative out!