Detention and Divorce

Guys I have no idea who drew this picture of The Marauders and Lily but it is hands down my favorite. I hope you enjoy as well.

October 12th 1976 7:03 a.m.
The Great Hall, Hogwarts

The Marauders sat waiting patiently, while eyeing the Slytherin table. Breakfast had started a short three minutes ago and they were the only ones here, minus Lily Evans of course and the teachers. "When d..do you th..th...think he'll be here?" Peter asked for what seemed like the 100th time since they sat down. "Snivellus usually shows up at 7:06." Remus stated quietly not looking up from his book. "And we will have to wait until everyone is here for the prank to begin." James commented, not even attempting to tear his gaze away from the lovely Lily Evans. "That's never gonna happen Prongs."  Sirius snickered, clapping his friend on the back. James sighed wistfully, thinking of what it would be like if Lily would be his girlfriend. A few minutes later more students began pouring into the Great Hall, Severus among them. "Oh here we go." Sirius said causing James to pull his attention away from Lily for a moment. Remus put away his book, eyes shining with excitement. Peter began giggling helplessly to himself. Lily noticed all of this and her eyes darkened. Just because Severus and her were no longer friends didn't mean she would let James and his gang hurt a fellow student. She was a prefect and it was her job to keep them in line. Soon the entire hall was full and Severus still hadn't eaten a bite, which was not what the Marauders wanted. Severus was already having a bad day. Nightmares had stripped him of what little sleep he normally got and he had been throwing up since 3 a.m. He would not be eating breakfast this morning, but he felt content enough to sit there and smell it. Maybe it would give him the strength he needed to go through the day, even if it was a Friday and he only had three classes. As time ticked on, the four gryffindor boys began to lose their patience. "Screw this." Sirius said and charged over to the Slytherin table followed by the rest of the Marauders. "HEY SNIVELLUS!!" Sirius cried before shooting hexes at Severus. Lily jumped up and joined in the fight between the five boys. Soon there was a school wide duel in the Great Hall. It took until lunch time to get everything sorted. Classes for the rest of the day were cancelled due to the fact most of Hogwarts now took up residence in the Hospital wing. The Marauders, Severus Snape and Lily Evans were the first people to be completely healed only because they had to spend the rest of the day in detention. At 12:30 they were sent to the dungeon to clean cauldrons with a toothbrush, then they had to hand clean every trophy in the trophy room, and finally they were sent out to collect potion ingredients and plant samples with Hagrid in the Forbidden Forest. "Now yeh six will be goin' ter collect these things from the forest. I  got some blast ended skrewts delivered today. Yeh see i'm think 'bout breeding sometime in the future an' wanted ter look 'em o'er. Don' yeh worry none kids. I'm sure yeh'll be fine. Jus send up some sparks ifin yeh run inter any trouble. Meet back here bout 3 for yehr new chore." With that Hagrid sent the six teenagers into the forest with a couple buckets and a list. "This is all your fault Snivellus. If you had just eaten your breakfast none of this would have happened." Sirius hissed at the Slytherin. "I don't how my eating habits are any of your fucking business Black." Severus hissed back as they continued to walk. "What's w..wr...wrong di...did Snivellus n..n..not get a le..le..letter from his m..mom..mommy?" Peter mocked before stumbling over a tree root. "My mother is dead." Severus snarled making everyone freeze. "What happened?" Lily whispered softly. "My father decided he didn't need her anymore." The others stared in horror as Severus continued on. "Sev, wait. Are you saying what I think your saying?" Lily asked desperately as she followed him further into the woods. The other four boys looked at each other before running after the two. "He killed her."  Severus said in a whisper. They all heard it. "What happened to him, your father?" James asked equally as softly. "Last I heard he was on the run from the muggle law enforcement. No really knows where he is." Severus shrugged it off and they kept walking. No one said a word for what seemed like hours. "Hey what time is it?" Remus suddenly asked. "Umm...3:00 p.m." Sirius said off-handedly as they continued on. "Weren't we supposed to be back at 3?" Lily asked. "SHIT! You're right and we haven't gotten anything." James groaned. "Let's continue up here and see if we find anything, then we'll head back." Remus suggested. "G..g..good i..idea Moony. We don't wanna b..be in m..more trouble for n..not doing anything." Peter said as everyone nodded in agreement. All six continued on searching the ground for the plants they needed. "Hey, is it just me or is it way darker than it was a second ago?" Sirius asked looking everyone confused. "You're right Black, the light does seem to have dimmed considerably." Severus said looking worried. "Umm...guys? Are those spider webs?" Lily asked looking at the trees above her. Remus' eyes widened. "SHIT! WE HAVE TO GO!!" He yelled grabbing Sirius' hand and heading back the way they came, but a giant spider cut off their path. Oh look, Lunch. They heard the thing say before it lunged. Soon they were almost completely surrounded. Somehow they was able to escape the spiders and found themselves running at high speed into the forest with no way to know where they are. That was until Remus pulled out a map.