Chapter 13

Abir and Kuhu exchanged glances at Ketki's question. Since Abir was in no state to narrate the incident that piqued him, Kuhu started. 

*Flashback* 

Kuhu and Abir entered college. 

Kuhu : Abir tu jam room jaa. Mei canteen se kuch khane ke liye leke aati hu. I'm very hungry. 

She said pointing towards her tummy. Abir grinned at her.

Abir : Chal aaj treat meri taraf se. After all maine aaj tujhe bahut jaldi utha diya tha. So, as compensation, your breakfast is on me.

They both went to the canteen. After Kuhu grabbed a sandwich, they were heading towards the jam room when Kuhu who was busy devouring her sandwich suddenly realised that Abir wasn't walking besides her. She stopped and turned to look behind. She saw Abir staring at something and followed his gaze. She saw that Abir was looking at Mishti who was seated at a table and laughing heartily with a guy. Mishti slapped his shoulder from across the table as a response to some joke he made. Kuhu walked back to the place where Abir was standing. They couldn't see the guy's face because his back was towards them. Abir was about to call Mishti when she got up from her seat followed by the mystery guy. She embraced him in a hug in a way Abir didn't like. Abir clenched his fists. Kuhu held Abir's arm when she noticed that he could lose his cool any moment now. His eyes were burning with rage.

Kuhu : Abir, dekh shaant rehna. Don't make a scene here. Bahut log hai yaha. 

Abir's eyes were fixated on Mishti and the unfamiliar guy. She wasn't sure if Abir heard her. When Kuhu turned her gaze back towards Mishti, she saw Mishti kissing the guy's cheek. Her eyes widened and she immediately focused her attention back on Abir. He seethed in anger and scurried away towards the jam room. Kuhu went behind him too.

*Flashback ends*

As Kuhu completed, everyone stared at her incredulously. Nishant was the first one to speak.

Nishant : Mishti did what? Are you guys sure tumlogo ne Mishti ko hi dekha tha? I mean..

Before Nishant could complete, Abir glowered at him and yelled.

Abir : Tujhe kya lagta hai Nishant, hum pagal hai? We can't see or what? Hum yaha mazaak kar rahe hai?

Kuhu : Calm down Abir. Nishant pe chillakar kya milega? 

Abir : Tu isse bol naa. Yeh kya bakwaas questions puch raha hai. 

Abir turned his face to the other side and started taking deep breaths to control his temper. 

Nishant : Arey Abir woh..

Nishant's statement was cut short when they heard the door of the jam room squeak. Everyone shifted their gaze towards the door. Mishti entered the room. 

Mishti : Hi guys! 

Everyone gaped at her in silence. Mishti felt weird when none of them replied to her greeting. 

Mishti : Kya hua guys? Tumlog sab mujhe aise kyu dekh rahe ho? 

They all came out of their trance. 

Ketki : Arey kuch nahi. Aao na. 

While Mishti walked in, Kuhu whispered to Abir.

Kuhu : Abir, handle this calmly. Please don't lose your cool. 

Abir's eyes were focused on Mishti all this while. Unconsciously, he just nodded his head without looking at Kuhu and started advancing towards Mishti. Mishti was just about to say something to Ketki when Abir questioned her nonchalantly.