𝒔𝒊𝒙

Beginne am Anfang

At the same time just across town, Arabella Smith held her arms at her side, attempting the stop them from shaking. Her breath was uneasy, the nerves making way into her mind as she began to walk towards Cora's bedroom. Arabella knocked a few times, awaiting Cora's acknowledgment of the knocking to enter the room.

"Come in,"

"Cora?"

Cora was seated at her desk, writing something down. The woman seemed annoyed as Arabella made way into the room. "What is it, child?"

"I wished to speak to you about the ball."

"What of it?"

"May I go?"

Cora halted what she was doing, looking up at Arabella. "You have duties to fulfill at home."

"I've already completed my labor for the next few days. I would appreciate this opportunity."

Cora set aside what she was working on, setting her attention solely on Arabella. "I don't know if that is a good idea."

"I do not understand why you believe that?"

"You have duties you must fulfill at home, you know this well."

"I have already completed them."

"Then you will be given more," Cora stood up, patting Arabella on the cheek, "You will not attend this ball when you have things to do."

━━━━

The next day Arabella worked tirelessly to complete the tasks that Cora gave her that morning. She was successful in doing so, later taking a bath to wash the dirt and sweat clean off her body. Cora had made it clear that Arabella was not to attend the ball, but the woman specified that it was because of Arabella's chores. Now that her chores were completed, there was no reason that she couldn't go.

Arabella tied off the end of her braided updo, having learned the technique from Rebekah during her stay at the residence. Her mother's dress clung tightly to her skin, its blush color complimented the tone of her skin. Arabella smiled at her reflection, making sure that her mother's necklace with her ring was fastened around her neck. Slipping on her shoes, she ran downstairs, catching her stepmother and sisters right before they climbed into the carriage.

"Wait!" Arabella yelled, picking up her dress to run outside.

Cora scoffed, making her daughters climb into the carriage before turning to Arabella with her hands on her hips. "What are you doing out here? And in that dress?"

Arabella grinned, twirling slightly, "It was my mother's and I finished my tasks."

Cora chuckled to herself, "You're not coming."

"I do not understand why,"

"You can't go with a ruined dress,"

"What are you-" Arabella was cut off by a shove to her shoulders, sending her into a mud puddle behind her. A squeal left her mouth as she fell.

Tears pooled in her eyes as Cora laughed. "Have a good night dear, I know we will. We will be back by midnight, I expect a cup of tea when I return."

Arabella watched as Cora climbed into the carriage, tears falling down her face as the carriage made way into the distance. Arabella stood up, running in the direction of Clara Gilbert's home in hope that her friend hadn't left yet. Knocking on the door with immense urgency, Clara opened the door. Her eyes widened at her friend's disheveled state, pulling her in immediately.

"Ella, what happened to you?"

"Cora,"

"She wanted to stop you from going to the Salvatore ball?"

"Yes,"

Clara scowled, wanting nothing more than to inflict harm on Cora for the abuse her friend endured. "Come with me. You are going to that ball."

━━━━

Arabella held on tightly to Clara's hand, walking up onto the Salvatore estate. An embroidered blue dress clung tightly to her skin. The stunning periwinkle color contrasted nicely against the creamy pale skin she had. The shoulders of the dress were low, exposing a fair amount of skin around her neck and chest. The dress had a cinched waist, showing how small her waist was. Her corset was laced up tightly, curtesy of Clara's rage.

The two made it inside the Salvatore home, greeting Giuseppe who stood at the door, drink in hand. Arabella and Clara grabbed a drink, socializing with some townspeople, watching as some people danced along to the music. A small tap on Arabella's shoulder gained her attention, the girl turning around to see who it was and what they required.

A boy around her age was behind her, with beautiful green eyes. His brown hair was swept to the side, making him appear very put together. He held his hand out, "May I steal a dance from you?"

Arabella hesitated for a moment, receiving a shove from Clara. Arabella huffed and grabbed onto his hand, "You may if I am to know of your name?"

"Stefan Salvatore,"

━━━━

Word count: 1272

I do not own The Vampire Diaries.
All rights go to Julie Plec and Warner
Bro's. I only own any original
plot and characters.