eighteen.

(please comment while reading i love reading your comments !!!!)

maeve and i were currently laying on my bed at exactly 2:38 pm on november 17th of 2020.

nah, just kidding.

we, or actually rather me, were playing animal crossing new leaf on my nintendo ds.

and of course, if you've ever played animal crossing, you'd know about changing the date and time in the game.

it was actually 11:54 pm on a cold spring day in 2019, if anyone actually wanted to know.

"so all you do in this game is talk to cartoon animals?" maeve asked confused as she shuffled a little bit, making my head on her shoulder move closer to her own head.

maeve was walking through my room a few minutes prior and inspected basically everything i had lying around, when she found my glittery ds from 2013.

"no, stupid. you catch fish and insects and you can sell them to the cute little raccoons! or you can sell them to the pink llama too." i explained, making maeve scoff.

"that's stupid."

"no, you're stupid!" i exclaimed, hitting her on the chest accidentally. i meant to hit her stomach, but, well, i guess i miscalculated.

like the day i ran into maeves cupboard. hah, funny.

maeve furrowed her brows. "getting a little excited there, aren't we?"

"ughh, shut up!", i groaned, sitting up and sticking my tongue out at her.

it looked like something was going on in maeve's head, or maybe absolutely nothing was going on, because the next second i felt her hand grabbing my tongue.

i dropped my ds onto my bed in shock.

i looked at her like she was crazy, which she was, and she let go before proceeding to laugh quietly.

"your fingers taste disgusting.", i teased, still a little confused as to why she felt the need to grab my tongue.

"well, that's just too bad, innit?" she mocked while wiping her wet hand on my bed.

"ugh, you brits. don't ever say something like 'innit' in my presence again." i continued teasing, even though i secretly really liked her accent. aimees was cuter though.

"you don't even get to talk, love. half of the time i can't even understand what you're saying in between all the hard r's."

"well, why would you put r's in words and then not pronounce them? it's not that hard, innit?", i joked, pronouncing the 'hard' as stupid (cute) maeve with her stupid (cute) accent would.

maeve scoffed. "just be quiet, i know you americans have a thing for british accents. remember the hype on one direction? i bet you were one of those people that melted for harry's accent. and don't even lie."

now i was the one who scoffed. "you're wrong." i said and maeve looked a little taken aback.

"i STILL melt for his accent. and you do too, in fact everyone does. it's not even up for debate."

"well, he is pretty attractive, i have to give him that. but that doesn't have anything to do with his accent. i mean, you don't like donald trump just because of his accent, which is actually your own, now do you?" she pointed out, looking like she felt extra smart.