1.1

The party never stops for the daughter of Clarence Rynsburger III. While my father couldn't even be bothered to be in the country when I got off the plane this morning I still have to keep up appearances.

It's not all that bad, at least I have my friends. I stand with Nathaniel Archibald in the living room of the Waldorf penthouse. Blair's mother is throwing a party and Blair wanted both Nate and I to be here. I scroll through my phone when a gossip girl notification pops up.

Hey Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here... and I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, Melanie91, sends us this: Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand: Serena van der Woodsen. Was it only a year ago our It-Girl mysteriously disappeared for quote 'boarding school'? And just as suddenly she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves: Lucky for us, Melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photo, Mel!

I look at Nate with wide eyes. "Serena is back."

Nate has no time to respond as his father and another man walk over to us. "Arabella it's so great to see you after your trip this summer."

I smile. "It's good to see you to, Mr. Archibald."

"How is your father dear?" the other man asks.

"Oh you know brokering deals and jet setting from one tropical paradise to another," I say bitterly.

My father has never been there for me. He cares about his company and his company alone. Actually no, he cares about his company and money. Everything else is negotiable.

"Yes well he is very good at what he does," the man tells me. I force a laugh. "So, Nate, started thinking about college?"

"Well, actually I'm a Dartmouth man," Howard states.

"Yes, dad's always spoken very highly of Dartmouth. But I would like to check out west. You know, maybe USC, UCLA?" Nate offers.

"His mother wouldn't hear of it. Dartmouth is far enough away for her," Howard assures.

Nate forces a smile. "Yes, well... Dartmouth is my first choice."

Blair walks over and wraps her hand around Nate's arm. "Excuse me, captain. Nate, can I borrow you?"

Nate nods. "Eh, sure. Excuse me for a second."

As Nate and Blair walk away Howard turns his attention to me. "What about you, Arabella? What colleges are you thinking of?"

I smile slightly. "Columbia has always been the dream for me."

Howard smiles. "Staying close to home."

I chuckle. "You know New York is the only place for me." I spot Chuck Bass sitting on the couch between Isabel and Kati. "Excuse me. I need to get some air."

Howard nods his head. "Of course."

I walk over to Chuck. I lean over the back of the couch and whisper in his ear, "Please tell me you've got something for me." Chuck smirks at me. I give him a look. "I was thinking we could get a little fresh air."

Chuck laughs. "I think I can help with that."

Chuck gets up from the couch. I grab his hand and lead him towards the stairs. I stop when I see that infamous blonde hair peeking out of the elevator.

I let go of Chuck and start to walk towards her. "Serena!"

She smiles when she sees me. "Arabella!"

I wrap her in a tight hug. "Oh I've missed you."

She pulls away. "It's been a while."

I can hear Eleanor Waldorf behind me, "Serena van der Woodsen? Is that you?"