Chapter 8 - Unwelcomed company

Christine's POV

The man I feared would hunt me down has finally caught up to me. I can't lose Erik again. My heart can't take this. I don't love that monster anymore. I love Erik. "How did you find me" I said. I knew who it was without turning around. "Well my Christine it wasn't that hard to figure out that you had run back to that little monster of yours"
I looked at Erik and said "he's not a monster Raoul. You are".
"Oh really is that so"
"Yes it's is" I say finally turning around to face the true beast. "And how is it that I'm the monster. I was the perfect husband. Yes a May have been a little strict but that was to keep you in check so you wouldn't go off embarrassing yourself and make me look bad to the public." He says this to me with a smirk on his face the whole time. I look back at Erik who is fuming, his fists are clenched, his face is red, and he's shaking with anger. I run out of the room in fear of what's about to happen between them. Raoul smacks my butt as I shove past him almost knocking him over. The smell of alcohol on his breath was so nauseating.

Eriks POV

That fop Raoul!!!! He thinks he can just come in here touch Christine and take her away from me?!?!?! He's wrong. It's time to end this. NOW. I leap out of the bed and shove him to the ground. Raoul looks at me with a smile on his face "oh a little feisty are we. Now is your chance to show Christine the true monster you are." My hands are on his throat and he's turning a purplish blue color. Just before he's about to pass out I release my grip. "I knew you couldn't do it. Hahaha. How can you take care of Christine if you don't even have the balls to kill me?" I looked at him and said "I'm not like you Raoul. I don't beat women so bad that they leave you in the middle of the night. I don't lay a hand on her unless it's welcomed. I don't drink evey night to make me feel better about myself. I'm some rich kid who this he controls the world, when really you're just an ignorant pest. You're the crude bear. You're the brute. Most of all you're the monster. I'm not going to kill you because I'm not the man I was. I've changed. Obviously you haven't or you wouldn't be here trying to steal another mans girl. That's just beneath you. Oh wait maybe you're so low nothing is beneath you anymore. You're so desperate to have her you think it's ok to come and force her back to you. Well you're wrong." He's still on the floor as I'm talking. I walk around him slowly as I talk trying to be predacious. "Here's the deal, I will not kill you and in turn you leave France forever". I walk over to him and I grab his arm. "If I find so much as your eyelash hair on the ground, I will hunt you down and kill you. Do you understand?" He looks at me wide eyed and trembling in fear. "Yes" is all he says before I aggressively escort him out. I throw him into the lake and he just looks at me confused. "What did you think I was going to waste energy rowing you across the lake. No. You can swim. I hope" I started laughing, it sounded dark and evil. I love my dark laugh. "Remember our little deal Raoul. As I said I'm a changed man and I'm giving you a chance to live. If I were you I would take it" and with that I turned around and found Christine hiding behind my organ. "So, are you hungry? We can go out and get some lunch if you wish." Christine just looked at me. "Oh don't worry I've taken care of Raoul. He won't be bothering you anytime soon". Christine looks at me and says "Oh Erik I love you so much. Thank you for protecting me". She kisses me, it's long and passionate. We break apart breathless after what seems like forever. "Erik what I said about you not being monster, I meant every single word. You're not a monster. You're an angel and I love you so much." Right then I knew for sure that I wanted to marry Christine. I know I tried to before but I had forced her then and I didn't even know what I was doing. Now I'm so happy. Tomorrow I shall go out and get the ring. "I love you too" is all I said before she kissed me again.