Chapter 32 - In Dreams He Came

Christine's POV

What the hell am I doing?? This "Opera Ghost" or whatever the fuck he is has been treating me like shit. Why am I going back to him?? My mind is racing with this questions yet my voice still slowly sings this haunting melody. I take off my cloak and let it fall behind me.

In dreams he came

I'm wearing my wedding dress from the night we went to his lair after Don Juan. I look down at my engagement ring. I still have it on my finger. I guess I fainted right before I gave it to him. I twisted it around my finger.

that voice which calls to me

I pause trying not to tear up. It's been such an emotional roller coaster. I continue walking towards the stage, looking at my feet as I walk. This dress is getting really hot. I turn around and hurry back to my black cloak. Making sure no one is around I duck behind a few seats that weren't demolished in the fire and I take off the dress. Only in my corset I put my cloak over my shoulders and hold it closed in the front. I know it's inappropriate but honestly who's here?

"And speaks your name"

A dark whisper in front of me caught my attention.
"Erik" I breathlessly said as I looked up from my shoes. Still holding my cloak closed I stared at him. He furrowed his brow and looked at my like I had just run over his dog. "Don't you ever call me by my name. EVER. I don't know where you heard it from but if you are going to stay here you will address me as Monsieur Opera Ghost. Is that clear??" I signed and looked down holding back tears.
"Yes sir."
I turned red. Great I've already embarrassed myself and I'm cold. I was just hot like 5 minutes ago what the hell? Oh well. Eventually I started shivering and he noticed.
"Christine, I can't do this. I can't order you around. It doesn't feel right. Call me what ever you want just please don't call me by my first name in from if other people. Now come on I can see that you're cold. Let's get you warm."

Eriks POV

Me being me I decided to be nosy and follow the two lover birds out. I saw Christine tell him to leave. I also saw her change but I turned away before I saw anything. God what I would give to see and hold her body. She's gorgeous. She started singing slowly. Our first duet. I chucked to myself and whispered "Sing once again with me. Our strange duet." I remembered that day. Well here she is and she's singing it yet again. She stopped after the second line and I felt my heart leap when I figured out that she was coming back for me, but why would she do that? I don't know why she would come back.
Does she love me? Does she want to be with me? I walk up to her and I want to seem assertive. I want to seem like she can't just walk back into my life and expect special treatment. Do I want her? God yes but she can't know that. I whisper the last words of her part changing the pronouns. My voice deeper and darker than intended. She says my name which irks me for some reason. I lost it. Uncontrollably yelling at her telling her to never call me by my name and to call me "Monsieur Oper Ghost."
What the hell?? No one calls me that ever. What the fuck am I doing? I instantly see that it was a huge mistake to seem assertive. I want her. I need her and as I gaze at her I can see that she is trying to hold back tears. She's shaking. Oh god she's cold and scared. My heart sinks and my face softens. I try again. This time softer and more friendly. I tell her that she needs to get warm and she follows me to the lair. My mind races with questions as I lead her to my lair.
She's almost completely naked under that cloak and it's taking every muscle I have to not seduce her. Trust me if I could I would but it's not an appropriate time. We keep walking and as it gets darker she gets scared and grabs my hand holding it tighter and getting closer to with each step we take. We get back to my lair and she's pressed her full body on my arm and is squeezing my hand. Her cloak is partially opened because of how close she is and my arm comes in contact with some of her skin underneath it.
I pretend like it doesn't effect me as I give her a dress that I found in her dressing room. It was one of the only ones untouched by the fire. She takes it and hugs me. Her cloak opening completely as she does so. Her half naked body is pressed up against my fully clothed one. She seems to not notice for a while but when she does she pulls away and closes her cloak again. She turns bright red and I laugh. She rushes away to change and I go to my organ.
I start playing medleys of songs and before I know it she's behind me in a stunning red dress that accents her curves perfectly. It's short so I'm guessing it's a costume. It goes just past her knees. Shit. Of all the dresses I had to pick the sexiest one. Way to go Erik. She's looking at how I play and when she notices that i've stopped playing she looks up at me and with fearful eyes starts to apologize.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't meant to interrupt you. It's just that you play so beautifully and I wanted to see you play up close. I'm sorry." She looks down twists the ring I gave her around her finger.
"You kept it?"
I asked surprised. She snaps her head up. Fear still in her eyes. I walked away from her. Shit Do I have my mask on?!?! I snap my hand up to my face and feel the cool porcelain against my hand and feel instant relief.
"No it's not your face. I just don't want to disappoint you again. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just. I'm sorry."
She walks towards me and hugs me timidly. When I hug her back she loosens up. She looks up at me as if to say something. She opens her mouth to speak but when she realizes how close our faces are she just stares at me. She glances at my lips occasionally and then to my mask.
With a shaky hand she reaches up and places it on my mask. I flinch. I'm not used to people touching it. When I don't object she slowly pulls it off and when I don't stop her she puts it on the ground. She looks into my eyes and leans in. I start to lean in, my arms still wrapped around her. Right before she kisses me I hear splashes in the lake and we both pull away. Dammit. I let go of her and turn around.
"Ahhhhh old friend. I never thought I'd see you again."
Sarcasm dripping from my voice.
"I thought I killed you."
"No. You didn't and I'm here to take you to jail."
I stare at the police chief in the eyes. His men surrounding him and every possible exit I have. I'm tired of running anyways. I'm done. I have nothing else left. I'm not putting Christine through the burden of being a fugitive. I look at Christine and give her one last hug. "Take care of yourself." I walk towards the chief and he cuffs me. Officers surround her as she looks at me. She's hurt and she wants to do something about this. I can tell when I look back at her. We're lead out and I'm hauled off to jail. I take one look out the carriage door. Trying to memorize every beautiful detail of her face as we leave the opera house. She's so beautiful. Maybe if I wasn't so ugly we could be together. Oh well. Maybe in other life. We reach the jailhouse and I step out of the carriage. Towards my new life. Towards my new prison. I've been a prisoner in my own mind for years and now instead of internal hell, I get to experience real hell. I walk towards my new home, hoping that one day I'll hear her sweet voice again. Not just in my head but for real. We'll see. The Phantom doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve this time. I chuckled to myself and I remember the last thing I said before Christine came to me to give me back my ring. Which she still has. "What's so funny?" The chief asked me.
I smiled and looked at him in the eye. "I'm done. There's no more tricks. Its finally over."
He looked confused. "What's over?"
I looked him in the eye once more and sighed. "The Music of the Night."

________________________________
Annnnnnd that's a wrap.

Apparently this books been in a different language for a short period and i didn't know it so i'm sorry that that confused you and hopefully it's back to the original language.
Don't worry. there's a sequel. I haven't thought of a name for it yet. I'm currently writing it but if you have any suggestions of a name please message me and let me know! I love you phangles!!