Chapter Five- News

The foul stench filled the flat quiet quickly. I had been throwing up all morning. It had been less than a month since I last saw Sherlock. The last time we... did stuff.

My appetite no longer existed, as all of my favourite foods lost flavour. Basically, my whole world had lost flavour. I still had John and Mary though.

The door opened and I heard a baby crying. Then, the vomit rolled out once more.

"Oh my gosh!" Mary exclaimed, holding William.

I attempted at holding in the vomit. Success.

"Mary?" I weakly called. She nodded.

"I'm here, Beth," She said placing Will in her husband's arms. John smiled at me, hoping to make me feel better. It didn't work. But I put on a fake smile, then let my stomach poor out into the bucket once more.

"Are you sick?" John asked me, beginning to hold William back. They had already lost their first child, the girl, in a miscarriage. They tried again and then had Will.

"I don't have a fever," I said, wiping my mouth with a tissue.

"Have you eaten?" Mary asked me.

"I've lost all interest in foods, Mary. It's bizarre. Could it be depression?" I asked. Mary shook her head.

"I suggest going to the doctors," John stated, looking at Mary worriedly.

"Why?"

"Erm..." John and Mary couldn't speak. They mouthed the words 'you say it' and 'no you'. Finally, they both said, "you might be...pr..."

"You might be pregnant," Mary finally spat out. My eyes widened. I felt light headed. The bucket was too far. Pulling it closer, I puked once more. This time, it was because I was sacred. If I was pregnant, then the child would grow up with a dead father.

---

I yelled loudly into the phone.

"MARY JUST PICK UP ANY FUCKING TEST YOU SEE!!"

'Calm down, Beth. It's going to be okay.' Mary softly said on the other line.

"HOW CAN I.." I paused to relax. "How can I calm down when my soon to be husband is dead and I might be carrying his child?"

'Well,' Mary thought for a while. 'You might not be pregnant.'

"But I could be," I protested.

'Alright. Well, I just bought the tests and I'll be over soon.'

"Ooh ooh, bring some avocados!"

'Cravings?' Mary said through a hidden chuckle.

"Erm... I guess? I've never been pregnant before," I responded.

'Alright. I'll be over in fifteen minutes.'

"Thanks, Mary. You have no..." I began to get choked up. If I was pregnant, then this was the hormones. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

'It's no problem, really. You're a friend and I'm doing a friendly thing,' Mary then said goodbye and hung up.

I stayed lying down on the couch, vomiting every now and then. I hope I was just sick. Me and babies, don't work. I have no clue what to do and I have no help. Permanent help, I mean. Mary and John will help every now and then, but only for a while. They have their own lives. But, this will only be a problem if I'm pregnant. Which I'm probably not.

"Television. Television will defiantly help me," I told myself. "Sherlo-"

I had forgotten. Forgotten that he was... dead. I want him back every second of my life but I can't. He's gone. Could I have prevented it? Probably not. But I could have found out why. I could have tried to stop it.

I turned on the telly and then broke into tears. Silent ones, of course. That's the only way to cry.

'I do' was the first thing I heard from the tv. Oh great. A wedding movie. Something I will never have.

***

Ten minutes later,the door opened.

"Pregnancy test, pregnancy test, I have you for Bethany!" Mary sang to the tune of 'Smelly Cat' from Friends.

"Ooh, ooh, gimmie, gimmie," I waddled over to her with my hands out like a baby. I could hear John laughing. Mary handed over the bag of tests and we headed towards the bathroom. Mary waited outside as I took the test, and then came in when I knocked.

"How long until I know?" I asked her.

"About two minutes. Let's talk about if there is a baby," Mary suggested.

"Okay," I nodded.

"If you have a baby, will John and I help you?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Will you stay here, in Baker Street, or will you move out?" She asked me.

I thought for a long while about my answer. "I will stay."

"Alright, will you find someone-"

"No," I cut Mary off. "I will not. Sherlock is the only one. The only man I will ever love. Even if he is... Dead. Mary, I love him. Loved him, whatever. He is... might be the father of my child. I can't love anyone else. I won't love anyone else."

"That's two minutes," Mary reluctantly said. I handed her the test and closed my eyes.

"Can you check? I can't look."

"Alright." Mary slowly turned over the test and let out a deep breath.

"Am I? Or no?" I was so anxious. Well, why wouldn't I be? I was about to find out if I was pregnant with a dead man's child.

"Bethany Greene, you are pregnant."