Chapter 8

Harry was eating what was probably two and a half pounds of assorted breakfast meats and Hermione was nursing a cup of black coffee when Professor Flitwick passed around their schedules. 

Hermione's coffee was immediately forgotten as she looked over her schedule. She slapped Harry's shoulder to get him to stop eating. "Take a break will you? It's not going anywhere. Look at your schedule. We have Alchemy with. . . Professor Nicholas Flamel?!

The screech that came out of her mouth made Harry clamp his hands over his ears and Penelope come over. "Whats going on? Is everything alright?" Hermione nodded really fast before pointing to her schedule. 

"Nicholas Flamel teaches Alchemy here?" Penelope nodded, a large smile on her face as she realized what happened. "Yes and his wife Perenelle teaches Maths and Arithmancy." The Ravenclaw Perfect pointed up at a young looking couple. Nicholas looked somewhere around his mid-twenties with dark brown hair. He had a large smile on his face as he looked down at all of the students. The woman sitting next to him was beautiful with straight black hair and a perfect posture. 

Penelope looked to Harry, who had taken his hands off of his ears when Penelope came over. "Mistress Flamel is a Veela. Try not to focus to much on her. I've heard that helps."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Mistress?" Penelope smiled. "Those two love picking on each other. You'll get used to it." She got up and moved back down the table to her year mates. Harry laughed at the look on her face. 

"This is better than I ever could have imagined." Hermione whispered as she looked over her schedule. Harry looked at his. "We have Alchemy with the Puffs, so we'll see Susan and Hannah again. Then its Potions and Maths with the Lions, so thats when we'll see Neville." 

Harry went back to chowing down on bacon and sausage. Hermione rolled her eyes. "How could you eat at a time like this?!" Harry cocked an eyebrow in her direction as he dipped a piece of bacon in syrup. "Mione, I'm a growing wolf. I need my meat." Hermione just shook her head and went back to the schedule. 

"After that we have double History of Magic with Slytherin's and the rest of the day is a free period." Harry nodded as he finished the last piece of bacon on his plate. He stood up and slung his knapsack on his shoulders. "Come on, we should probably get to Alchemy, especially if you want to talk to the Professor."

Hermione bounced out of her seat and walked next to him, a wide smile on her face. It took them a while to find the right classroom but with the help of a couple suits of armor and a nearly headless ghost they made their way there. 

Harry opened the door and stood in the door way looking throughout the room for anything that seemed out of place before he walked forward, allowing Hermione inside. Hermione was to excited to notice. 

They walked in and Harry sat down at a table on the left hand side of the room. It provided him a view of both the front of the classroom and the door. 

Sitting behind a desk at the front of the room, with his feet up on his desk, was Nicholas Flamel. Hermione set her books down and tentatively walked up to her teacher. "Are- are you really Nicholas Flamel?" She asked. 

The man just smiled. "In the flesh. Are you muggle born? I love teaching muggle borns, always so nervous around me." Professor Flamel waved a hand, beckoning him Harry up towards the front of the classroom. 

"We have a little bit before the rest of the class gets here." Professor Flamel looked at Harry's knapsack and the pile of books at Hermione's seat. A smile graced his features. "Not everyone carries all their books with them." Hermione blushed at her habit.