Chapter 2

Hermione Granger, for as long as she could remember, knew she was different. The other kids couldn't read long, informative texts. Hell the other kids where just starting to read picture books. The other kids couldn't will books into their hands, couldn't heal cuts and scraps by blowing on them. 

She kept a list of every instance where something different seemed to happen to her. It wasn't very long, and most of them where from when she was very young, but it was rather informative. 

Hermione sat in her bed looking from the list in the back of her diary to the parchment letter that was in her hands. She was still having trouble believing what that Professor had told her. 

Magic?! Its real? At first she had seemed skeptical of this and was still hesitant to believe that she was magical. She was just plain old Hermione. Sure she was smart but thats about the most magical thing about her. 

Then she had remembered her list and immediately ran off to get it. The shock on the Professors face as she looked over the list made her giggle even now. 

She told her that most magical children only have one or two cases of accidental magic not the seven separate cases that she had wrote down. The Professor had said that she was going to be a very powerful witch one day. 

Hermione fell back on her bed, her journal and letter still in her hand, and smiled. She couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts. Where everyone was just like her, a thirst for learning and a hunger for knowledge. Hermione fell asleep that night still in her clothes but with a smile on her face. 

                                                                       The Wolf of Hogwarts 

The weeks went by with Hermione begging her parents to make multiple stops at Diagon Alley. Her parents couldn't bring themselves to say no, as this was the happiest that they had seen their daughter in a long time. 

She burned through books on all her school subjects, wizarding law and culture and any other subjects she managed to find. She would practice writing entire sections of the book to both improve her memory and practice with a quill. 

She slowly became aware of the fact that muggleborns - what she was - where not appreciated in the magical world. It had something to do with blood purity. She thought that it just sounded like a bunch of racist bologna. It couldn't be true could it? 

Her next couple of purchases focused on how the wizarding world structured their government, and the most famous people in their world. After cross checking each and every famous wizard or witch she found that nine out of ten where pureblood. Even Albus Dumbledore, who the books claimed was the most powerful wizard of his time, was pureblood. 

That one out of ten though is what kept her going. That one out of ten was half-bloods. And the most famous half-blood she was able to find, was Harry Potter. 

The next couple trips to Diagon Alley where used to find more information on Harry Potter. When she learned that nobody had seen him since that Halloween night she held out hope. Maybe he wasn't raised in all the pureblood racism. She quickly concluded that the children's books that she had read about him where nothing more than that- children's books. 

It was obvious that no one could kill a dragon at the age of eight. Dragons had magically resistant skin and where second to only one! And that one wasn't a wizard. No an eight year old baby would not be killing any dragons.  

Her search through the wizarding worlds culture revealed a lot of stigma and bigotry. She didn't care that they seemed to be stuck somewhere in the fifteenth century (she had always dreamed that one day she would be a lady), she cared at the lack of ideas. The lack of progress that was made. They hadn't even thought cheaper forms of communication.