four

oh my god what must he be thinking?! what if he thinks i cheated on him and had another mans baby? he probably feels so hurt and betrayed that i didn't tell him.

millions of negative thoughts are running through my head and i can't handle it. i need to see him. i need to tell him now.

"whatever you're thinking don't do it please" nova says as i frustratedly run my fingers through my hair.

"you were right, i should've told him years ago!" i shout causing kai to cry. "no no no" i say standing up to pick him up from the floor.

we had just gotten back from the doctor where they vaccinated him. he's been in a sensitive state since we got back.

"i'm sorry baby, i didn't mean to yell" i apologize as i rub his head gently.

"why don't you tell him then?" nova asks and i shrug. "i'm afraid of what he'll think! he literally has a baby on the way. he won't care about malakai." i say as i stare at kai as he fiddled with my shirt.

"nova he has a baby on the way!" i say facing her and she shakes her head. "alena that doesn't matter! timmy has always been a sweetheart towards kids! he'll love kai" she says and i immediately shake my head no.

"not if i literally hid his own child from him for three years!"

"then continue to hide him, like you said he might think it's another mans baby" nova says and i stare at her with wide eyes. "how cruel do you think i am?" i ask shockingly causing her to roll her eyes.

"cruel enough to hide kai from him dad for three years"

she's right. maybe i should hide malakai.

why is timothée even here? why isn't he in another state? why isn't he at the place he left me for three years ago?

-

malakai and i were alone now. nova left a few hours ago after our discussion. i'm still contemplating on what to do.

i stare at kai as he stares at me. we had both just woke up from our daily nap and we stare at each other for a few minutes before getting up.

he's usually the first to talk.

"mama" he says causing me to smile.

there is it.

i nod my head signaling him to continue. "ice cream!" he cheers as he sits up in excitement.

ice cream does sound good right now.

i quickly change after dressing kai into comfortable sweats and a tshirt. we make our way to the store as we discuss the flavor we wanted for ice cream.

once we get to the store kai runs off and races me to the ice cream aisle. since we come multiple times for ice cream, he's learned his way around.

as i walk behind him he finally makes it to the aisle before me. i suddenly hear crying and i begin to worry. "kai?" i shout as i sprint to the ice cream aisle. once i reach him he's in the arms of a man.

the man quickly turns around as he rubs kai's head.

my eyes widen as i stare at the both of them. god their so alike. i walk up to him and talk kai from his arms.

"maybe you should keep an eye out on your kid." he says sternly causing me to roll my eyes. "excuse you?" i ask angrily.

"no, excuse you alena, maybe if you watched out for him he wouldn't have bumped into me."

the way he says my name still gives me butterflies, even if he's being rude.

"baby don't cry you'll be okay" i tell kai as i kiss his head. i look up and and see timothée with his arms crossed as he stares at me.

"i forgot how rude you were timothée." i say as i walk by him with kai in my arms while i search for ice cream. he's about to say something but he's cut off by adalyn.

"oh my god, we meet again!" she says coming over to give me a hug. she quickly says hi to kai and walks over to timothée as he wraps his arm around her.

"timmy you kind of have a similar face as kai!" adalyn laughs causing my face to turn red. "he sure is handsome!" timothée says sarcastically not making eye contact with me.

"where's the baby daddy if you don't mind me asking." adalyn asks politely. i stutter for a minute and finally find the right words to say. "oh uh- he um he left me three years ago to leave to new york." i say as i quickly glance over to timothée.

he slightly shakes his head and breathes loudly. "awh i'm sorry! he's a real jerk for that" she says causing me to giggle. "agreed" i say putting kai on the floor so he could pick the ice cream himself.

"since we keep meeting why don't you give me your number?" adalyn says taking timmy's phone from his pocket.

my eyebrows furrow as i look at her in confusion. "oh sorry!" she laughs, "i forgot my phone in the car so i'll use his for now!" she says.

i notice timothée becomes flustered as she begins to go through his phone. "what is the number?" she asks and i begin to say the numbers slowly.

once i finish she looks down at the phone confused causing timothée to run his hands down his face in frustration.

"that's odd, your contact is already here" adalyn says glancing at timmy then over to me.

i deleted his number. why didn't he delete mine?