seven

i wake up to the sound of malakai crying and check to my right to see the time. it was 7am and i could not believe what i had done. i look to my left and see him sleeping with a small grin on his face.

he always smiles when he sleeps.

i sit up, gripping my hair, frustrated. we just kissed, nothing happened. i didn't allow myself to let it go further. this was wrong. this is wrong. my ex boyfriend, my literal baby daddy, whom i haven't seen in years, is laying by my side.

i quickly get up and run to malakai picking him up before he wakes timothée. "good morning baby" i whisper and he smiles. he rubs his eyes tiredly and begs for me to put him down. he begins to run and my eyes widen.

he makes his way to the bed and begins to jump. "ughhh" timothée groans as kai steps on his arms. "enough adalyn!" he's exclaims causing kai to whimper. he begins to cry causing timothée to sit up.

"oh my god" he says as he sees me standing by the door way. "what the hell alena" he says as he looks around the room. "what are you doing here?" he asks confused. i furrow my brows and shake my head.

"you're in my home timothée" i say as i walk towards the bed grabbing kai off of him. "what?" he says as he squints his eyes.

he looks down at his body and starts panicking. "why am i shirtless? what did we do alena?"

"nothing, relax." i say and he shakes his head and stands quickly to his feet. "you shouldn't have done that" i say knowing a horrible headache was about to hit him.

"do what-" he begins to groan in pain. "shit" he says as he falls back down to the bed. "i'll get you some aspirin."

i walk down to the kitchen and begin sorting through the medicine cabinet. i hear foot steps behind me and turn to see a fully dressed timothée. "i should go" he says.

"you have no car and i know you can't walk with that headache."

"here" i say placing a pill and water on the counter.

"thanks" he whispers. i nod my head and he drinks the pill. "what happened?" he asks.

"i think it's best we don't talk about it."

"i remember going to the..." he stops for a second and sighs, "the lilac forest." i nod my head and stare down at my feet.

i couldn't even look at him. he has a baby on the way and i kissed him. although things didn't get too far, i still let it happen. god what have i done?

"i don't remember much after that" he says as he looks up at me. i was still staring down at my feet but i could feel his eyes piercing through me.

"we-" i begin but i'm cut off by his phone ringing. "oh god" he says worryingly. "it's adalyn." he says.

he quickly answers the phone, "hey love" he begins.

love. he would call me that.

i turn around and face the sink so my back was facing him.

"i'm sorry i left i just- i- i woke before you could so i could go on a run" he stutters. he nods his head as he bites on his nails.

"sure. i'll be there in a few ads." he hangs up and looks up at me. without saying a word he turns around and starts walking towards the door. "timothée stop." i say as i run behind him. i grab his shoulder and he stumbles back.

"look i don't know what i said or- or did last night but it can't happen again." he whispers. he opens the door and walks off.

-

"and you guys just made out?" nova says in a disappointed tone as she reaches her hand inside her bag of chips. i nod slowly and she rolls her eyes.

"he has a baby on the way-"

"i know!" i should as i interrupt her. "it just happened i'm sorry" i say as i pace back and forth. "just sit alena" she says patting the spot next to her.

"maybe you can invite him over and talk."

"no no no. i can't do that. it'll be suspicious for adalyn." i respond.

she sighs and gets up walking towards the counter. she grabs my phone. "you have adalyn's number right?" she asks and i nod confused.

she begins typing and my eyes widen. "what the hell are you doing?!" i shout and she smiles putting my phone down.

i walk over to it and nearly choke on air.

adalyn

dinner? my place at 8pm?