two

three years later

"baby where are you?" i shout as i laugh trying to find him. i hear a few giggles by the pantry and i smirk. i slowly walk towards the pantry and quickly open the door. his eyes open wide as he begins to laugh uncontrollably.

he was sitting against the wall eating the goldfish i had bought him yesterday. "mami" he giggles as he wipes his hands against his fresh white shirt.

"malakai you know i don't like it when you stain your clothes" i say sternly as i pick him up and he frowns. "i'm sowy" he says wrapping his arms around my neck to hug me.

"it's okay my love." i smile while i pick up the box off the floor along with the goldfish crumbs he dropped. i walk towards the living room setting him down gently on the carpet.

"you wanna watch something bebe?" i ask him and he nods his head smiling. i grab the remote to turn on the tv and put on some cartoons. i walk to the kitchen and begin to wash all of kai's cups and plates. 

malakai just learned to walk and he has a habit of walking around the whole apartment to leave his cups wherever he goes. i walk around the house picking up the cups he left around the apartment.

as i enter my room, there's a knock on my door and i hear malakai squeal making me laugh. i hurry to the door finding him already standing in front of the door attempting to open it.

i pick him up and i quickly open the door to find my best friend. "hi nova" i say as i hug her. she smiles and immediately takes kai from my arms.

"how's my favorite baby?" she says as she kisses his face. he laughs as she reaches for his neck causing him so scream. nova sets him down sitting on the kitchen table. "three years already" she breathes out making me groan.

i can't believe it's been that long.

"yeah" i say bluntly. nova laughs as i wash the dishes trying to avoid the conversation she's about to bring up.

"alena" she says and i turn around and roll my eyes. "please nova i don't want to talk about this" i reply and she laughs. "well you have to, it's been three years."

i nod knowing she has a point. i can't talk about it though. it completely breaks my heart. he left me behind and we lost contact a month after.

"he promised we'd make this long distance relationship work and he broke it." i sigh as i take a seat next to nova. "you should've been smart about it alena. you know those type of relationships don't work." she says as she watches me pout.

"i should've went with him." i say groaning as i throw my head back in distress.

"no, you should've called him when you found out you were pregnant." nova replies and i immediately shake my head. "hell no, he's never going to find out." i say anxiously.

i never told him i was pregnant. he has a three year old son and he doesn't know he exists.

"so you're okay with kai growing up without a dad?" she asks and i shake my head no as i sigh. "even if he did find out we wouldn't get back together." i say and she shrugs.

"you never know alena, but you need to find out."