Chapter 6: Calm Before The Storm: The UA Sports Festival!!! Part 1

It was funny seeing Bakugo getting pissed off those few days as we hung out with the rest of our classmates but now today we would head back to school. The atmosphere was extremely different today. Everyone including me was shocked to see Aizawa even coming back to class with his injuries, his face and arms were all bandaged up.

"Today we would begin training for the upcoming sports festival," Aiazawa sensei announced, Ilda stood up, "Sir are you sure it's wise to still hold the sports festival even after the incident at the USJ?" he questioned, I couldn't tell what expression Aiazawa was making but I could tell he really wasn't joking about going through with the festival. "It's best to show the people that even when a villain attacks we still be able to hold an event like this for you first years. This is also a chance to get spotted by pros for internships." Aizawa sensei explained, Ilda approved of Aizawa's thorough explanation and sat back down in his seat.

We went out to the training field and were assigned to each one partner, Midoriya was my partner so I guess it was okay until I got the stares from Bakugo and Todoroki. Did they both want to be my partner? I saw Izuku looking down at his hands, I put a hand on his shoulder, "You won't break any bone fighting me so give everything you got," I reassured him he looked up at me and nodded, symbolising trust. "You each will have your own training ground so use this time and this week to work on strengthening each other's weak points."

Midoriya's point of view

The reassurance I got from Y/n really helped a lot, but I wonder what she meant by me not being able to break my bones. We went to our assigned training grounds, it was the same one we used to complete our mock battles. I looked over at Y/n who was looking at the ground for some reason. " I will help you come up with a strategy to use your quirk to avoid increased damage, I will be your opponent. All you'll have to do is land a single hit with your quirk."

Wait, she wants me to hit her with my quirk?

"W-wait Y/n are you sure about this? I could really hurt you and-"

"I'll be fine not a single person has been able to lay a scratch on me yet besides the incident on the USJ, it'll be a big help for my quirk too." she looked down at her hand and clenched her fist, she was really determined by this. "Alright I'll give everything I've got!"

She smiled at me and gave me a nod but her mood changed as she put her hood up and just stood there waiting for me to attack then I realized I really don't know what her quirk is and she seemed to be at ease as if she knew what she was doing, to be honest it was scary.

Alright then I just need to land one hit on her. I charged up my quirk to my right arm only using 5% and I charged her straight on. When My hit landed through a huge wall of sand blocked my attack and it scared me. She wasn't joking when she said no one had ever landed a hit on her. I looked down at my arm to see that it was completely fine, no pain, no broken bones.

I looked at the sand that fell to the ground, it wasn't sand at all, it was the concrete flooring turned into some concrete sand.But the question is, why didn't my hand break when I use One For All on the sand? I took off my glove and sand came out of it. I was completely confused. I looked to Y/n for an answer, "The sand inside your suit act as a cushion for your bones, I cannot help you if we're going to fight each other in the sports festival, this sand won't stop you from bruising but it'll keep you from breaking your bones," she began getting serious now, the look on her face was even scarier before scarier that Kacchan, "Now give me everything you've got!"

"Right!" During that week of train Y/n and I began coming up with things to help me better my quirk without causing extreme damage to the rest of my body. Instead of on full punch I would use my fingers instead just like I did during the quirk examination. Y/n Figure that if I put use about 2% of my power in one finger it'll still be as powerful and I won't break my finger giving me a chance to use the same finger the second time which would break it. Y/n was a lot of help with this and I'm grateful for that.