4. "We slept together"

A pair of lips on my forehead woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes to see Jo hovering over me.

"Good morning" she said and I wished I could hear her talk to me. A lot of people say that voices in the morning are the hottest thing ever, but I never got to experience it.

"Good morning" I said back and yawned. I looked around a bit. We were laying on a bed. Together. Together on a bed. In the morning.

What the hell happened?

I looked at Jo with wide eyes. "What did we do?" 

She smirked. "What we always wanted. I've been waiting for your for ten years" she came closer to me placing a small kiss on my jaw that made me shiver. Just then I realized we were both naked.

"What?" I screamed. At least I think I did. "What about Summer? And Cameron?" I was definitely panicking.

"Don't you remember, baby? You came home and demanded us to be together. You fought Cameron and he and Summer both left leaving us alone. Now we can be together"

I started breathing heavily. "No, no! This can't happen! He left with your daughter?"

"He took her away from me. See, you don't want Summer to get between us. So I had to abandon the only chance I had at a family. I abandoned my husband and daughter for you"

My lips parted. 

"You are a homewrecker, Hero" she said with a smile and then placed her lips on my cheeks.

"No, no I'm not. No!"

I was suddenly snapped out of my daze when a small hand connected with my cheek. My eyes snapped open as I started breathing heavily.

In front of me I saw Summer looking at me with a questioning look. Didn't see leave?

"Why are you screaming?" I could read her lips.

I looked around realizing I was in the couch of Jo's living room. I probably fell asleep while we were all watching a movie last night. 

Thank God it was just a dream!

I remember watching Jo cuddle in Cameron's arms, Summer between them, like a happy fucking family.

No. Even though I want Jo more than anything, I'm not going to be a homewrecker.

Summer tried to snap her small fingers in front of me but failed, probably because she didn't know how to snap them yet.

"Are you okay, Hero?"

I nodded taking a deep breath. I looked outside the window. It was still dark.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked.

She blushed. "I wanted to keep you company" Then she crawled to me lap and laid her head on my chest. I whinced. I wasn't used to little kids' attention.

"Are you going to tell me a bed time story?" She yawned.

"I don't know any bed time stories" I answered truthfully.

"Then I'll tell you one" she said but yawned again. "Once upon a time, there was a little boy who wanted to hear the waves. Every day he would go to the sea and beg mother nature to let him her its glory. But nothing ever happened. So he waited. He went there every d-" before she could finish her sentence she was already asleep. 

I smiled at her cuteness and laid back as well, trying to imagine the little boy hearing the sound of the waves. But nothing else appeared on my mind. It was a girl and she was laughing.