Wild Ideas

It had been months since freshman year was over, it had been months since we sat in the dorm talking, or at least it felt like it.
-
I felt like I finally found something that I wanted to do, something that made me happy, but something that also made me feel comfortable.
I felt like I was doing really well, I was putting in the work to see positive differences in my physique and overall strength. However, something was missing.
-
Being in college, walking around campus, you always see posters for things like ROTC, joining the military, an option for students to serve in the community while making money to pay towards our college. I've always been someone who considers myself a hard worker, I grew up on a farm where my father taught us that hard work and responsibility will take us farther than any amount of money or material possessions. I had been working at a gym chain called Anytime Fitness, I felt like things were finally working in my favor. I had been talking to some members there that were active duty, and many of them had encouraged me to join. I had thought about it, but not very seriously. I was in college, I wanted to be able to stick it out. I did my research and at the time found some of the basic requirements.
Must be 18 years of age.
Clean bill of health.
Height requirements: 4'10".
It caught me red handed, I was only 4'9", a lucky deal considering the drivers license center told me I was 4'8 and a 1/2" but they couldn't do halves so they rounded up. After that, I was determined to find something I could do regardless of my vertical barrier. If it wasn't the military, so be it. I was set on finding something to channel my energy for the good of others.