With a shrug favour, picked a section that had been cooling off in a plate on a table beside the bed. Dipping generously in another plate of mouth-watery combination of egg, tomatoes, pepper, onions and spice; Favour took a bite, shook her head in satisfaction at the taste of it. "Trying to shed more weight, while I'm looking forward to gaining more pounds on my fleshless body."

Eva, chuckled. "Start planning on getting your own bed because we won't be sharing, then." She slumped back. Her hands stretched to her sides. Image of Daniel and his girlfriend popped into her mind. After several futile attempt to eradicate failed, she gave up and instead glared at the ceiling. She slung her arms around and rested it on her forehead to measure her temperature. Winced at the hotness of her skin.

"You okay?" Alarmed favour, dropped the book she was holding to place the back of her hand on Eva's forehead. A traditional way to check ones state of health. "Eva, you're burning with fever. You need to take paracetamol to calm it down before getting treatment."

"Please." Eva, whistled between slightly parted lips. The headache returning in full force she felt it in her temple.

Favour hurried to the drawer at the other side of the bed, pulled it open and extracted a tabled of the white drug. Taking out two pills, she handed it over to Eva, with a glass of water that sat on the table.

When she swallowed it down, Eva's sight was starting to get blurred. The sickness couldn't be blamed on any fever or parasites, but totally on the man flaunting his woman I'm front of her like they never shared anything intimate before. It was so rude of him. So weak of her to also fall for it. Two days of total rest and tranquility is what she need, Eva decided with finality. Work or no work, she needed rest to regain her drained strength.

"Or__" Favour's sudden interruption drew her back to reality. "__Daniel caused this, right? Is it about him?" The incoherent entreaty hovering on Eva,s pale face gave her up.

Looking over at Favour, Eva, lended a momentum snort that sealed and leveled her emotions. "He came with a lady. Can you imagine?"

Favour shoved a brow up in pervade fastidious. "You shouldn't be affected if you have no feelings for him."

Eva, rose slowly; thoughtlessly. "I'm momentarily outstripping modification process." She defended tying her disheveled hair behind with a band.

"That's not excuse enough." Favour asserted lying back flat on the bed. "If he isn't occupying your mind, whatever he does shouldn't bother you."

With a beginning of frustration, Eva clutched the back of her head as if preventing it from falling off. "You don't get the picture here. The man I am talking about is my ex. Someone I once loved."

"Well aware of that obvious fact__"

"You talk like you don't understand. The truth is that I don't feel nothing for him currently. What aggravated me is him having a date with another woman where I work when there are other countless places he can do that. Doesn't that tell you something? Pretending like we never shared anything__" Eva, cut herself off right before she said: pleasure each other. Too angry to give him credit for still torturing her even after she vowed never to let him. "The next time he walks in there with a lady__"

"You aren't going to do anything."

"Besides there won't be no next time."

"What are you insinuating?"

Eva, yanked he uniform over her head. "I'm quitting that job," she said shocking even herself. When had she decided on that. When did the thought form and from where? Gush, she's really messed up.