TWO

THIRD PERSON.

After finishing up a tour and heading back home to LA, Corbyn stopped by his parents house for the night and decided to spend time with them as he hadn't seen them in so long.

Once he arrived, he was instantly greeted with long and tight hugs from both his mom and dad, then spent some time with Ashley and Jordan in the living room, a movie playing in the background as they talked before Jordan went off to his room to get some rest for the night.

"So, how was tour?" Ashley asked Corbyn as he shrugged, "I thought you loved being back on stage?"

"It was alright. Until everything I left for is now floating back to the surface." Corbyn said, "Although I am kind of happy, I just feel like I'm going to crash again."

"Then go back to Lakeside." The girl said as she grabbed her drink.

"It's not that eas-" The boy stopped himself, shooting his head up towards her direction with a confused look on his face, "How'd you know about Lakeside?"

"Kai," Ashley shrugged before getting up and walking over to the kitchen as Corbyn followed behind her.

"What do you mean Kai?" He asked.

"I've talked to her." The girl said through a small, nervous laugh as she smiled at him, "Don't look so worried, I messaged her first. We talked and she said she lives in Lakeside, no one else has seen our messages and no one else will."

"Why did you message her?"

"I saw she put a post of you on her Instagram, so I said I'm your sister and we talked for a little. I knew where you were before anyone else," Ashley explained as Corbyn nodded slowly, still looking somewhat confused.

"Did you tell anyone?" The boy asked her, anxiously biting his lip as she shook her head, her smile dropping slightly.

"No one knows I messaged her, I just acted like I had no clue where you were." She said, letting out a sigh before placing her cup down on the counter, "I'm a good actor, you can leave again and I'll act like I know nothing."

"I told myself I wouldn't leave again anyway, plus If I did people would know where to look." Corbyn said as he shrugged, sitting up on the counter, "If I end up where I was mentally, I'd just have to put up with it."

"Which sounds bad but, there's nothing I can do." Corbyn continued as Ashley shook her head as she frowned.

"You know how damaging that is right?" She asked, grabbing herself a piece of fruit and leaning against the counter opposite to where he was sitting, "What's been happening? Has anything made you go back to there?"

"Yeah, everything I left for." He nodded, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, "I'm so tired of it, I just want to live a normal life."

"But If I leave again then that's going to be an inconvenience for everyone and everyone is going to hate me for it," Corbyn continued, tearing up while talking about it, "And I know I should put myself first but I'm disappointing so many people and lying to their faces because I'm pretending to be happy."

"Corbyn hey breathe," Ashley said, offering him a glass of water, "You have to put yourself first."

"It's so difficult to."

"Why don't you take a road trip somewhere with the guys or something?" Ashley suggested as he shrugged slightly, "Or by yourself? Or with Jordan and I?"

"I don't know," The boy replied, wiping his eyes as he looked at the girl opposite him, "I'd rather just try get over myself, I had this big dream and I shouldn't be ungrateful for it."

Ashley slowly nodded, a concerned look portrayed on her face as the boy got off the counter and walked back over towards the living room, falling onto the couch and grabbing his phone as Ashley had copied most of his actions.

"I hope they're all ok," He spoke up, a quiet tone in his voice as he did so, "My friend group in Lakeside. I hope they're all happy."

"I bet they are." Ashley replied, grabbing a cushion and hugging it, "They seem pretty close by the posts I saw on Kai's instagram."

He nodded, a small smile appearing on his face as he thought about the old group he was apart of and the memories he had made with them, which he knew at some point he'd want to go back to despite how much he was trying not to.

But to him, something about Lakeside felt more like home to him than anywhere else in the world ever could.

a/n

aNDDD a corbyn chapter 🥺