Theseus Scamander: Love (Werewolf!Reader)

Being a werewolf, you knew the dangers that people would face if they were to be associate themselves with you, so you did them a favour and kept your distance.

You would hiss at anyone who would try and become friends with you, pushing them away. You didn't want to be mean, but you didn't want to look at their horrified faces when you tell them the truth about yourself.

You focused on your studies and didn't bother with the people around you, causing you to be at the top of all of your classes. 

But you couldn't help but feel envious of the other students, able to make friends, converse, share their likes and dislikes.

You wanted a friend, someone to talk to about your problems, a shoulder to cry on when things get rough, you wanted it more than anything.

But, you shake your head and bottle it up, masking up your loneliness. 

Now almost everyone in your school knows of your cold and snarky behaviour, all thanks to your facade.

Everyone made sure to keep a distance from you, they're not mean, they just let you have your space.

Thank Merlin for that,

*

"Okay, for this assignment of Potions, you are going to need a partner." The professor decrees. Most of the students turn to their best friend in the class, you sigh, knowing you will be once again, working alone on a project meant for two.

Though you liked it that way, it was a pain in the arse having to do a two-person job by yourself.

"Luckily for you, I have already picked out who you're doing to work with." Cue the annoyed groans of the students. You freeze up upon hearing the professor day those words.

The professor reveals a piece of parchment where each students' name was written. 

You heard random spews of names go one after the other. Some students sigh in disappointment, moving to their partner's table, while others were quite satisfied with who they ended up with.

You, on the other hand, were dreading the fact that you were forced into working with another student. I mean, you have pushed people away for six years now, you basically have no social skills.

"Scamander, Theseus?" The professor called.
He perks up in his seat, readying himself to stand. "You will be paired with Y/N L/N."

You whine, quiet enough so no one but you could hear, closing your eyes, wanting to sink into the earth. 

Of course, you were paired with the nicest guy at Hogwarts. Fate just seem to hate you like that,

Murmurs filled the whole classroom, some students were even offering Theseus to group with them instead, but he declined.

You feel a figure move to your side, making you undeniably uncomfortable. "Hi, I'm Theseus." He greets, holding out his arm for you to shake.

"Yeah, I heard." You respond, not accepting his handshake. He awkwardly smiles at you, putting his hand back down. 

You open your potions book and ready your cauldron, leaving Theseus alone. "Uh, can I help?" He asks, meekly, flashing you a sweet smile.
You glance at him before harshly handing him your potions book.

"There should be instructions there for preparation, do them while I cut up ingredients." 

The other students who were witnessing this felt bad that Theseus was at the receiving end of your not-so-kind attitude, but they could do nothing but send him worried glances.