White privilege

White people...

If you STILL don't understand what this is NOW, especially with all the post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook that YOUR own community are posting... that's horrible.

There's no way.

There's no way that, those white people that LOVE to say 'I'm White and work a 9 to 5 like everybody else. WhErE's mY prIviLege?' ACTUALLY doesn't know what white privilege.

Like, I'm dead serious.

There's no way.

The only logical explanation for ANY white person to not know what White privilege is, is if you are a minor that lives with strict parents that doesn't let you use big social media platforms like, Instagram, Facebook, and twitter.

But that doesn't make any since, either because you're literally reading my book RIGHT NOW.

But since I'm such a nice and amazing person, (😏), I'll explain what White privilege is for those slow birds in the back.

*clears throat*

White privilege is the societal privilege that every white person carries over non-white people. Meaning, their skin color will never be a reason why they go through hardships in America, nor the rest of the world. Unlike, P.O.C.

People ACTUALLY believe that racial oppression against blacks stop in America but...

OkaY, KarEn.

(That's for another chapter)

A lot of White privilege has to do with systemic racism, or institutional racism.

Let me give you some examples:

• White people will never not get accepted for a job because of their name.

Yes, you heard that right. A 2003 study showed that when job interviewers had nothing to go on except resumes, people with "white"-sounding names were 50 percent more likely to get interviews than people with names associated with African-Americans.

A Kate, Rachael, Abigail, Annabelle, Becky, KaRen, Ross, Todd, Jeff, Conner, Henry, and Roy has a WAY higher chance of getting the job then a DeAndre, Denzel, Duante, Dewayne, Jevonte, Kadeem, Nova, Kendis, Lanelle, Latoya, Latonya, and Nichelle. They could have the same schooling, home environment, and degrees. Doesn't matter.

This is also the case for other P.O.C.

The only way this happens to you and you happen to be white is when you're associated with a religion that has a P.O.C 'sounding' name.

Like Islam.

Muslims go through A LOT of discrimination globally but we'll get into that on another chapter, I promise.

•White people will never get fired from their jobs or expelled from school because they wear their natural hair.

I don't know about other black people but I very much DISLIKE when a white person tries to compare their experience of 'people touching their hair' and people harassing blacks to touch our hair.

You did not have to wear hair wraps because your hair was considered 'a threat to society'.

Yep. In the 1700s, the Tignon Laws forced Black women in Louisiana to wear head wraps because their beautiful, elaborate hairstyles were considered a threat to the status quo.

There have been millions of cases when black people, particularly black women, wear their natural hair to work and

1. Get treated as if the work environment had turned into a petting zoo by the 'curious' employees.