"Was it ever really a great house, though?" Kathy spoke up and Harry turned his attention to his sister as he smiled in amusement, "We were made royalty when Father killed his best friend and you killed his younger brothers, our mother's brothers."

"But you will not drag us into ruin," Margaret continued on, completely ignoring what Kathy had said.

"She's trying to rule through you, Harry. Don't listen to anything she says," Kathy spoke up in a stern tone.

"This is a lie," Catherine told Harry, a serious look on her face, "Lina did not say this because it isn't true."

"Where is this woman?" Harry asked as he turned to look at his grandmother, who suddenly became silent, "Well, fetch her here, and have her swear it on the cross before me."

Kathy's lips curled upwards, amused when her grandmother began to tense up worriedly. She had done something behind Harry's back regarding Lina.

"Bring her to me!" Harry shouted at the top of his lungs as he slammed his hand down on the table, causing both Margaret and Catherine to jump in fright while Kathy remained calm.

Margaret stared at Harry with wide eyes, realizing at that moment that she had lost not only the hold she had on Kathy, but also Harry.

"Where is she now?" Catherine asked Margaret worriedly, "What have you done to her?"

With that, Catherine had run out of the room to search for Lina, leaving Margaret alone with Harry and Kathy.

While everyone had left the room, Kathy took her time standing up. She slowly walked over to her grandmother, who seemed at a loss for words. "You thought you would win, but you will not, Lady Grandmother," She told the woman in a low tone, "You're dead to me and you're dead to Harry as well. You're nothing now."

"Katherine, no," Margaret pleaded, beginning to cry as she shook her head, "I've been a mother to you. More than your own mother ever was. I educated you. I empowered you. I love you. Like I would my own daughter. You were my daughter, in a way."

"Yes, you were a mother to me, but all the while, you were corrupting me," Kathy explained, beginning to tear up, "I idolized you, Lady Grandmother, and come to find out, you're a monster. You killed children. Innocent children. My aunts and uncles. All because you had a vendetta against a woman who never even did anything to deserve your hatred. You ruined her life. And for what? To have power? That is unforgivable."

"I forgave you for your sins," Margaret pointed out and Kathy gave her a weird look, "You lay with Harry's own friend, Charlie Brandon. He even impregnated you, but the child died," She explained, causing Kathy's eyes widened in horror, "What would Harry think? He would never forgive you."

"Who do you think he will believe, Lady Grandmother?" Kathy asked Margaret, a smirk forming on her lips, "His beloved girl, the person he loves most in this world or his grandmother, who has completely gone mad as of late?"

Margaret smiled back at Kathy, nodding her head. "He might not believe me now, but as the years pass, I think he will soon or later. He is already suspicious. He has been for years."

Margaret moved closer to Kathy, pressing a kiss to her granddaughter's cheek before she walked out of the room.

____

Days had passed and Kathy knelt in the chapel, attending her morning prayer when she heard footsteps. She sighed in frustration and stood up, only to turn and have her eyes widen at the sight of Harry.