Five:

Sara's POV:

I smirk evilly as I say yes to Luka, secretly plotting something in my head. 

I'm going to-

"You...will?" He asks, suddenly becoming a bit more flustered than was considered friendly. I jump out of my thoughts and focus my crystal clear gaze upon him once more. 

"Why not," I shrug. "I can't chill with Lenna the whole night, and I really want to tell some of those girls to shut up." I lie smoothly. The words flow from my lips, and I growl a bit for good measure. "Besides, you must be desperate to come to me." I flip my hair over my shoulder and give him a mean girl look, to which he laughs a bit. 

His laugh was a hearty and melodious tune, pure and innocent as if he believed me, which, he probably did. I am an excellent liar, thank you very much. His laugh echoed through my ears, though it sounded almost...broken? It wasn't complete, and the thing that made laughter so special was only half there.

How do I know this? Because I laughed the same way when my mother left." 

This guy is the hottest bachelor in our school. Popular, rich, model, why does it sound like he's not actually as happy as he seems to be?

I shake the thought from my head as Lenna turns to them to speak. "Anyways, hashtag, boy bye, we have to go." She grabs my arm and starts pulling me away.

"We do?" I ask her, becoming slightly confused.

"We do," She declares, marching along and dragging me away with her. As I turn to look back, I notice how Luka looks over my body, and I suddenly become very self-aware.

I had long legs with slim thighs, a petite waist, and a small chest. My hair was wavy and an ombre from blond to brown with the roots being brown. My eyes were a bright blue, and I had defined cheekbones and plump pink lips. Lenna always told me that I "look like a freaking model", but I always thought I was just...average. Besides, don't models have like...D cups or something?

"Where?" I ask her, once the boys were out of earshot. "Where do we have to go?"

Lenna abruptly stops, and I smash into her. "Oof!" I groan, rubbing my shoulder. Lenna looks around, making sure nobody was watching. 

"You're acting awfully suspicious, girl," Lenna warns me, a glint of something in her eye. "Why did you really say yes to Luka?" She asks me. Lenna looks over me and studies my face well, trying to detect...well...I'm not sure actually. But I do know that she was trying to detect something. 

I just shrug and hope my lying abilities would shine through and get me past this rather unpleasant situation. "I mean it, girl, he's attractive, those girls are annoying, and I won't be able to hang out with you."

Lenna just looks over me one last time, before dropping her hand from my shoulder. "Of course," She nods. "Sorry I just..." She looks down shamefully.

"It's just not like me, I get it." I nod along with her and grin. "Now, what do you say about seeing a movie?"

Lenna beams at me. "Always." 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Luka's POV:

Sara is dragged away from Lenna, and I feel the heat and colour leave my cheeks.

Jesus, if I can feel it, it must be absolutely terrible!

Brandon snorts at my face. "You're going soft man, what happened to the whole 'bad boy' persona?"

I huff and straighten my unwrinkle jacket. "I'm still Luka, mate, nothing's changed."

"Besides the fact that you're losing it!" Brandon jokes, punching my shoulder lightly.

I laugh with him and look around for my limo and chauffeur, who was supposed to pick us up in about five minutes.

"You are too," I howl to him, slapping his back.  

He immediately pales. "No, I'm not-"

"Yeah, you are," I state, brushing a hand through my perfectly styled light brown hair. "You are also off your rocker." 

Just as Brandon was about to playfully retort something, Lenna and Sara zip across the block, somehow managing to run in heels. Well, Lenna had heels on, but Sara wore Ugg boots and looks like she was running a lot easier than Lenna was.

There was something about Sara that was just...different. She didn't try to get his attention or fall at his feet when he passed by. She just rolled her eyes and continued to talk to Lenna, taking notes on what had been written on the board. She didn't dress to impress or to show off. She had a model body (and that's coming from a model). Other girls rarely had anything to show, but trying to show off nothing was useless. 

My heart starts to swell a bit at the thought of her, and I can almost see the holes in my heart start to fill up.

"Just saying man," Brandon claps me on the back again, though this time, his voice is full of concern and worry. "If she breaks your heart-"

I sigh, knowing what he was about to say. "I'll never be able to fix it. It would be too hopeless, but that's a chance I'm willing to take."

Brandon shrugs and puts his hands in his pockets. "I'm praying for you, man, I'm praying for you."

I look ahead of my as my limo drives up, ready to pick Brandon and I up and bring us back to my mansion.

"I'm praying for me too," I whisper, opening the car door. "I'm praying for me too..."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Sara's POV:

The clock in the distance chimes 5 o'clock, meaning I had just an hour left with Lenna, including driving home, which would take twenty minutes.

I look back at the entryway to the restrooms, wondering just how much soda my overly dopey best friend had drank during the movie. 

"Quite a bit of soda, huh?" I ask Lenna as she finally steps out. She steps over to me and pouts, her shiny red lips glistening under the artificial lighting of the theater. 

"Only five cups!" She hiccups, quickly slapping a hand over her mouth. "Only five this time!"

I laugh at her. She had first developed her addiction to soda when we had first become friends. She was over at my house and saw the racks and racks of soda my father and I had. She at once demanded to try one, so I handed her my favourite, a Ginger Ale. Her face lit up considerably as she gulped it down, begging to try more. By the time we were done, we all had half a pizza and at least ten sodas each (it took a lot of working out to get rid of that!)

"Next time, try for four!" I suggest, starting to move away from the putrid-smelling restrooms. 

Lenna huffs. "Wow, you just had to attack me like that, didn't you?"

I smile proudly. "Yep!"

We walk out of the movie theater and decide to sit at a bench and talk for a while, something we hadn't done a lot of lately, just because of the sheer amount of homework we had.

"You know," Lenna drums her fingers on the park table, creating a steady tune to which one could create music if they so wished to. I, however, did not wish to, so I simply listened to her talking.

"I'm starting to like Brandon," Lenna announces to me. She stares off into space, deep in thought as I stare at her as if she had grown a second head. In reality, it sounded like she had lost half of her brain! "Like, not romantically, but I guess he isn't as bad as I thought." 

Lenna shrugs and I continue to stare at her. "Are you serious?" I gasp. 

"Deadly," Lenna answers.

I begin to nervously rub my hands together, not knowing why I felt nervous about my best friend realizing she didn't hate somebody as much as she thought she did. "Well, I suppose he isn't horrible..." I solemnly admit. 

Lenna cocks her head to the side. "And what do you think about Luka?"

I freeze. "...Uh..."