Part 12

"Adam!"  The reporters yelled.  Adam shut the door and locked it.

     "Why, Adam?"  Tommy asked, frustrated.

     "I'm sorry, but we need to tell them somehow."  Adam sat down tentatively, brushing his hair down.

     "We can't have them know."  Tommy said, trying to forget about his past.  It's not Adam, it's his parents.

     "Why not?"  Adam asked, frustrated.

     "Do you understand what it looks like to hire someone just because you're dating them.  Not to mention the fact that everyone thinks that I'm straight."  Tommy pleaded.

     "I didn't just hire you because we're dating.  I hired you because you're so talented and a kick-ass bassist."

     "Adam, you also hired me because we're dating.  You hired me because you knew that I can't currently get a job right now.  You hired me because you know that my parents suspect that I'm gay and think I'm worthless because I can't get a job."  Tommy said quietly.  And it was true.  Although everyone will except Tommy being gay, his parents won't; and without fame, you need a family.

     "Tommy, you're not worthless, alright.  We'll talk about it later.  But first, I need to go take a shower."  Adam got up and went to the bathroom.  Tommy listened to the shower turn on.  Once he heard the shower go on, Tommy lay down on the bed.

     The whole thing started as a mess.  Tommy didn't start questioning his sexuality until his early twenties.  Unfortunately, he was still at home, working in an unknown band.  His parents saw what was going on, but denied it.  Tommy tried to show them without having to tell them, but again, they denied.  By his mid twenties, Tommy couldn't get into a band.  He had a boyfriend for a short time, but it didn't work out.  Frustrated, Tommy's parents told him that until he got a steady job and a girlfriend, he had to live on his own.  Thinking more of himself, Tommy did just that.  He tried out for many jobs, and even tried having a girlfriend.  After a month of nothing and a brutal breakup, he found Adam.  They were at a bar.  Drunk, Tommy spilled his story to Adam.  Feeling sorry, and kinda horny himself, Adam took Tommy under his wing.  They began dating.  And seeing how talented Tommy was, he let him into his band.  But Adam was frustrated because Tommy was doing nothing for his relationship.  He was only making himself miserable by staying in the closet.  Adam tried to make it better by kissing Tommy like he did.  It was only in good intentions.  But oh, what a mess.