Part 6

You walk around the streets of NYC, trying to get back to your apartment a few blocks away.  It's dark and cold out.  You wrap your scarf tighter.  All you want to do is go home and curl up in bed.  It's been a long, tough day and sleep is all that you want.  A big gust of wind bites at your face, forcing you to hide your face in your scarf.  Not sure if it's the wind or a person,  your knocked down onto the sidewalk.  "Oh my god!"  You hear a voice, distantly.  "Are you alright?"  Slowly, your eyes begin to focus once more.  They focus on a concerned male, but you still can't make out his face.  His voice is warm and comforting, and oddly familiar.  "Are you okay?"  He asks again.

     "Yea."  You rub your eyes.  He holds out a big hand. You take it graciously, getting back on your feet.  "Are you okay?"  You ask, worried.

     "Yea, don't worry about me.  It was that damn wind!"  He laughs.  "Oh, let me help you."  He leans down.  You realize that when you had fallen, the contents of your bag had spilled out and rolled all over the sidewalk, even into the street.  As he bends down, a it comes to you.  You suddenly remember who this man is.

     "Oh my god."  You say breathlessly.  "You're - "  He puts a hand over your mouth before you can say anymore.

     "Please don't say it."  He pleads.  "Can I trust you not to say my name?"  You nod, treating this like more of a game.  He slowly takes his hand off of your mouth.

     You bend down and help him gather your things.  "There's no one out here."  You comment.

     "I know, I'm sorry I over reacted.  You can say it, just please not loudly."

    "I honestly can't believe that I'm standing with Adam Lambert."  You hold your hand out and shake Adam's hand.

     "Nice to meet you.  We should probably get you home."  Adam pulls out his phone and does a series of taping which you try to watch from a distance without seeming like you're staring.  A few minutes later, a black van pulls up.  Adam holds the door open.  "After you."  He gestures into the car.  You climb into the van.  Adam climbs in next to you.  The inside is smaller then you thought, and you're shoulder to shoulder with Adam.  "Where to sweetheart?"  Your heart flutters when he calls you 'sweetheart'.  You give your address to the driver.  You ride in silence, looking out the window to the dark city.  You try not to let the fact that you're sitting next to Adam Lambert get to you, but it's hard.  When the van pulls up to your apartment, Adam leads you out.    "Let me bring you inside."  He smiles politely.  He follows you up to your apartment.  "Well, I guess this is where we part."  He says when you've reached your place, his voice full of melancholy.

     "Thank you so much."  You stand on your tip toes and hug him tight.

     "Before I go, I should get your name."  Adam remarks.

     "Why don't we get together some time and I'll tell you."  You say; a burst of flirty confidence overtakes you.

     "Perfect.  But until then, I'm gonna call you sweetheart."  Adam brushes a lock of hair from your eyes.  "Good night."  He says smiling.

      "Good night."  You call to him as he leaves.  You hear him mutter 'sweetheart' to himself.  Your heart does flip flops.  You can't wait to tell him your name.