Part 7

You sit on the bus.  You can't wait to get to NYC!  You've been doing several auditions for the past year just to prepare for this one.  This is the biggest moment of your life.  You had a killer audition!  You just know that you're gonna kill it on Broadway.  As you're thinking about how great this is going to be, your phone rings.  It's your producer.  He greets you with bad news.  They're canceling your callback.  They found a new lead.  They don't even need you in the show...  You hang up, completely in awe.  How could this happen?  You were sure that you had gotten the part.  You gave up everything because you were so god damn sure of yourself.  You start crying.  How could everything have gone wrong?!  That's when the man next to you asks if you're okay.  "No, I'm not."  You admit.

     "Do you want to talk about it?"  His generosity is overwhelming.  Before you can think twice, you spill everything at him.  He nods politely, taking it all in.  "I'm so sorry!"  He says once you've finished.  "That's terrible."

     "I'm sorry for dumping this on you."  You say, sheepishly.

     "Don't be.  You know, the same thing happened to me."  

     You look up at him, not believing him.  "What did you do?"  You ask, shakily.

     "You want to know what I did?  Well, I sat in my new dumpy apartment for about a week and mourned.  Not mourned, pouted.  I cried, I didn't shower, I watched about every movie known to man, and I ate all the ice cream in lower NYC."  He laughed to himself.  "Then, I got off my ass, threw myself in the shower, and I set back out.  I auditioned for three shows in the same week.  I must've auditioned fifty times in a month.  Then, a record label picked me up.  It's still a slow process; but I'm glad I got back out there.  And for now, it's completely fine to pout, as long as you get back out there."  You smile, lost in his blue eyes.  Never had anyone said anything to make you feel so - well - okay.  This makes you cry harder, but not in a bad way.  You lean forward and hug him tight; kind of happy that the bus is mostly empty.

     "Thank you."  You cry into his arms.

     "Your welcome.  And I can get you another audition."  He smiles.

     "How?"

     "I have connections.  Do you have a place to stay?"  He asks.

     "No, I'll probably just stay in a hotel."  You answer, kind of embarrassed.

     "No, they're way too expensive.  You can stay with me, if you feel comfortable."  He offered.

     You think this over.  Something about him is just, trustworthy.  "That would be great."  And at that moment, never would you have guessed that you had just met the love of your life.