Chapter One

Fourteen months earlier...

"Don't look so sad." Tig bumped Vanna playfully with his shoulder.

"I can't help it." She pouted. "You're gonna be gone for over a year."

"It'll go by super fast." Tig promised. His heart hurt knowing that Vanna was upset about his going to jail.

It had been a long time since he had anyone other than Gemma and the club to worry about him. It made him feel good and bad all at the same time.

"It'll be alright sweetheart, Opie and Gemma will look after you." Tig promised her.

But it didn't make Vanna feel any better.

She had been tagging along to SAMCRO parties with her croweater sister for a few months now. She and Tig had gotten really close in that time. He was like a fatherly older brother, he told her often that she reminded him of his own daughters and he took care of her. He fixed her car and various things around her apartment and Vanna made sure that Tig ate at least one non fast food meal a week and that his house wasn't always a total pig sty. He had became such a huge part of her life that she couldn't imagine spending the next fourteen months without him.

Jax sped into the lot of Teller-Morrow Automotive followed by a couple of police cars.

"Shit." Tig pulled the girl into his arms and squeezed her tightly. She grabbed his hand before he could join the rest of his brothers.

"Please be safe." She begged him.

"I will. Write me okay?" Vanna nodded.

Two Months Later...

Parties were few and far between at the SAMCRO clubhouse these days. With more than half of their club in prison no one felt much like partying. But everyone still seemed to gravitate towards the clubhouse on the weekends and Gemma insisted on having family dinners every other week to keep everyone together.

It was a Friday night and there were croweaters scattered around the clubhouse, hanging around the leftover members. With Tig Trager in jail Herman Kozik had finally been voted in as a patch member of SAMCRO and even though Gemma and Ope had called everyone to celebrate his patching Kozik didn't feel much like a party.

He and Trager had a rough history and he had stood in the way of Kozik patching over to SAMCRO before going to prison, so despite being glad to be a part of the mother charter of his beloved club it didn't feel right to Kozik. He really wished that Trager would forgive his past transgressions and move on already.

Vanna was curled up on a couch in the corner of the clubhouse she was reading a book, with her hair in a ponytail and her reading glasses perched on the tip of her nose she definitely stood out amoung the half-naked girls. But she couldn't handle being home alone. She didn't have much in the way of family, just her crazy sister and Tig. Sadly she felt more at home at the clubhouse than she did her own apartment most of the time. At least there was background noise at the clubhouse.

"Whose that?" Kozik asked a prospect.

"Vanna." He replied nervously.

"She an old lady?"

"Nope."

With that answer Kozik grabbed two beers and made his way towards the brunette.

"Hey. Wanna beer?" He asked her with a hopefuly smile.

"Uhm -" Vanna wasn't sure what to say.

"You can have the unopened one if you don't trust me." He said handing her a beer with the top still on.