Chapter 8

Vanna was on her second shot when Opie came to find her.
"Fights almost over. You wanna come back out there? They're gonna be looking for you." He asked. He was concerned about her drinking. It wasn't like her at all.

"Nah. They can find me in here." She replied. Vanna considered getting another shot but she didn't want to push it.

Despite being inside the clubhouse they could still hear all of the sounds from the fight outside. So when everything got silent both Vanna and Opie were concerned, but for different reasons.
Vanna's only concerns were the men in the boxing ring. The closest thing she had ever had to a father and her boyfriend. Her heart leapt as all of the worst possible outcomes played in her head.
Opie however was more concerned with a threat to the club.
It was probably only a few seconds between the sudden silence and what sounded like gunfire but time was moving like a snail.
It was all in slow motion. Opie pulled Vanna to the ground and practically drug her behind the bar. He barked orders at Half-Sack before disappearing.
Vanna's heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest and all she could hear was the sound of it pounding in her ears.
Tig and Kozik had both trained her how to react to a threat at the clubhouse. But she couldn't remember anything.
There was more noise, the sound of muffled gunfire and screaming people.

Tig and Kozik were in the ring when the crowd suddenly went quiet, shortly after shots rang out and they sprang into action.
The men jumped out of the ring grabbing their weapons.

Kozik was the first to realize that Vanna wasn't amongst the chaos.

"Vanna is gone." he called to Tig over the noise.

"Fucking find her." He growled.

The club split up without a word, half the guys went towards the gunfire while the others helped guide the panicked family members and strippers to safety inside the clubhouse.

Kozik was about to loose it. He couldn't find Vanna anywhere and no one seemed to have seen her. He was pretty sure he was going to throw up.

"Vanna?!" He yelled as he helped usher people in the clubhouse doors.

"Vanna!?"

Vanna snapped out of her shock when she heard him calling her name.

"Kozik?" He voice was barely a whisper.

"She's over here!" Half-Sack motioned for Kozik.

"Hey you okay?" He asked pulling her into his arms. Vanna just sobbed into his shoulder.

Kozik instructed everyone to stay down and away from the doors.

It seemed like another eternity passed before the rest of the club returned. They stormed through the doors looking insanely pissed off.

"It was some kids with fucking fireworks." Jax practically growled.

There was a lot of nervous laughter and it took a little while for everyone to get warmed back up and calmed down.

"Hey you alright?" Tig asked rushing to her and pulling her into his arms.

Vanna nodded.

"You scared the shit out of us! Where the hell were you? Why did you disappear like that?" Tig questioned.

Vanna's irritation returned.

"Because I didn't want to watch you two beat each other to a pulp! You're the two most important people in my life, the only family u have left and you can't even try to get along for me!" Vanna spat the words. She could feel nearly everyone staring at her but she didn't care.

Tig and Kozik hung their heads in shame.

"I'm sorry kiddo it's just hard to see you with him. I mean he's old." Tig joked and Vanna couldn't help but crack a smile.

She hugged him tightly.

"Tig please trust me and him."

He nodded.

She wasn't naive enough to think that things were resolved between the two of them but she was happy that they were at least trying to put things behind them.

The party started swinging again and things were going well.

Until the party was drowned out by the sound of motorcycles pulling into the lot.