Chapter 10

Vanna woke up at nearly one o'clock the next day. She couldn't fall asleep after she and Kozik got home from the party. She tossed and turned forever before she gave up and started cleaning, she had a habit of cleaning when she was stressed. She cleaned the entire apartment and organized the cabinets before finally passing out about dawn. Kozik let her sleep, he knew she needed it.
But she still felt like shit when she got up the next morning. She had a headache from the shots she took the night before.

"So, do you want to tell me why you were tossing back shots of Jack last night?" Kozik asked, catching her off guard. Vanna wasn't sure how he even knew that she was drinking, then she realized that Opie or Sack one had to have told him. That's the way things worked in the club - there were no secrets, at least there wasn't supposed to be.

"Because I was pissed." She told him truthfully.

He glared at her.

"That's not a good reason to get drunk!" He told her.

"You get drunk all the time!" She argued "and you were outside fighting Tig because you were pissed off would you rather that I punch a croweater the next time I'm pissed?!" Her tone was a lot angrier than she had meant for it to be.

Kozik wrapped his arms around her.
"I'm sorry babe, last night was rough but things are better now and they'll just keep getting better." He told her.

"Yeah they'll get better after my sister is 'taken care of'" she quoted Jax.

Kozik sighed. Vanna was right, things were civil between he and Tig only because Lisa was a threat to everyone and to be honest things were far from okay.

"Things will be okay between Tig and I eventually the bad blood goes way beyond you and it'll take a while for that to heal. The fighting helps honestly, and you help a lot more. We both love you a lot." Kozik promised kissing her forehead.

The next few days were quiet but tense. No one was really sure how to approach the Lisa situation. They couldn't just knock her off because she was Vanna's sister, plus it was possible that the cops had got wind of her trying to sell information and if she up and disappeared it would be bad for the club, because they would look guilty. the last thing they needed were cops on their trail when they had just came out of lock up.
It wouldn't be easy to confirm that she was indeed trying to sell out the club being as she knew all the members and the crow eaters, and they couldn't just take the Mayans word for it. So Jax was trying to figure out how to send someone in undercover to get info.

Vanna knew that there was a pretty good chance that her sister wouldn't survive if she was trying to sell information. That was just the way this life worked. She just wasn't sure how she felt about the situation yet.

Because of the breach in security Vanna as well as any other old lady or family member was pretty well on lockdown. She was either at her house, work or the club and anytime she wasn't with Kozik or Tig she had a prospect for a chaperone.
It was hard for her to explain at work, just because the club existed in Charming didn't mean the civilians knew anything about how it worked.
Fortunately Kozik usually tagged along at work so Vanna just had to deal with everyone claiming he was obsessive and stalkerish.

"It's not healthy!" Maddison told her. Vanna just rolled her eyes.

"Shea's right! It's weird. It's like serial killer-y" Regina agreed.

Vanna had been listening to this shit for a week now and she was sick of it.

"Listen!" She practically growled. "Everyone knows the club is into dangerous shit. He's here because I'm his old lady and I might need protecting." She told them. She knew that would shut them up for now but they would be clucking around like hens behind her back.

"Oh. My. God. That is insane!" Regina exclaimed.
Maddison started going in about how bad the club was and how dangerous the guys were. Vanna couldn't take it anymore she pulled off her smock.
"You know what I'm done. I quit." She said suddenly. She clocked out her drawer and grabbed her bags.

"I can't stand another day in this gossip-fest!" She told them.

Maddison and Regina's jaws practically hit the floor.

"What the hell?!" Kozik asked when Vanna came storming out the front door.

"I quit." She said simply pulling on his helmet. "And I need a drink."

"Alrighty then..." Kozik wasn't sure what to say so he just drove her to the clubhouse.

She practically jumped off the Harley and stomped passed Tig and Bobby as she made her way into the clubhouse.

"The fuck did you do now?" Tig asked half-jokingly.

"Hell man I ain't got a clue. She came storming out of the store saying she quit and demanded I bring her here for a drink." Kozik said scratching his head.

Tig laughed.

"Good luck man. Good luck." Tig laughed.

As much as he hated to admit it Kozik was good for Vanna. She had definitely came out of her shell since she got with him. Before she was so shy and quiet. Now she was more outgoing and it was obvious he was happy with him.

"You okay man?" Bobby asked as Kozik made his way into the clubhouse to check on Vanna.
"With that I mean?" Bobby gestured towards the door.

"No. But I'm dealing. She's happy and he's good to her. She needs him, especially now." He answered.

"How is she gonna be if we have to take out her sister?" Bobby asked.

"A fucking mess. I really hope it don't come to that." Tig frowned.

**
Thoughts? Feelings? Questions?