Chapter Nine

For the second time that night everything went silent.

"What's going on?" Vanna asked, but she wasn't sure if she really wanted to know the answer.

"No clue but whatever it is it can't be good." Kozik told her, he held her close and kissed her forhead.

"Mayans" Happy said from the door.

Yeah. Definitely not good. The Sons and Mayans were currently at peace but that could change at the drop of a dime. Someone breathing the wrong way wearing the wrong colors could start the war right back up again.

"Everybody stay put." Jax instructed, gesturing for the members to follow him.

"Welcome back to the outside." Marcus Alvarez greeted Jax and the rest of the Sons.

"Is this a social call?" Opie asked.

"I hate to interrupt your homecoming but I have some information that you might wanna know." Alvarez said simply.

"What's up?" Jax asked relaxing a little. There was no anger or threat in the way the Mayan President spoke.

"There's a new girl dancing at La Bailarina." Alvarez explained.

"You came all the way out here to tell us you got a new stripper?" Tig chuckled.

"Hey, you might wanna listen compadre, this girl she's related to blondie's ole lady. I think she used to be a croweater."
Kozik's ears perked up.

"She can dance if she wants too. We don't care what she does." Jax said nonchalantly but truthfully he had a sinking feeling where this conversation was going.

"Yeah but you'll care that she's dancing around that pole claiming to have insider information about the Sons and she's willing to spill it all to the highest bidder."

"Son of a bitch!" Jax exclaimed.

***

Vanna was trying to keep herself calm. It was safe to say that the party was pretty much over. The porn girls and hangarounds would've already left if the boys hadn't put everyone on temporary lockdown when they went to see what the commotion was.

The old ladies and a few croweaters were all cleaning up. Vanna was wiping down the bar and trying not to stare at the door, willing it to open.

"The fact that there haven't been gunshots should make you feel better." Gemma said.
"It should but it doesn't. I've got a gut feeling that something bad is happening." Vanna replied.
Gemma frowned.

"Always listen to your gut baby girl. It's usually right. But I'm sure you're just worried about this Tiggy/Kozik bullshit." She told her patting her on the back.

Vanna nodded.

It seemed like it took hours for the guys to come through the door but when they did the air changed, as soon as Jax cleared the door he yelled for everyone to get out but the family. The look in his eyes was wild, and Vanna was afraid.

Kozik and Tig were beside of her instantly and she could tell by the way that they were acting that something wasn't right.

"What's going on?" she asked them.

"Nothing." Tig answered, "What makes you think that something is going on?"

"Well for one thing the two of you are standing pretty close and not trying to kill each other. That's pretty suspicious." She pointed out.

The look on Kozik's face solidified her fears.

"What is goingon Jackson?" Gemma asked.

"Fucking croweaters." Jax mumbled.

"Chapel now! Kozik's old lady too." He called out there was a lot of anger in his voice.

Vanna's heart was pounding, she was pretty sure that being called in for chapel wasn't a good thing. She chewed on her lip nervously and Kozik and Tig lead her inside.

"We have a problem!" He explained the situation with Lisa quickly to the table for anyone who wasn't outside when the Mayans came to visit.

Jax was really pissed off and annoyed. He was ready to lay into Kozik and his old lady. If it wasn't bad enough that he was fucking a girl that was causing tension between him and another brother but now her bitch ass sister was causing problems for the entire club.
But then he saw the look on Vanna's face, the way that she oriented herself between Kozik and Tig and he remembered the first time he ever saw Vanna.
She was following her sister around the club nervously, the way she hid behind her sister and inside herself.
Vanna had came a long way since she first started showing up at the clubhouse, but she was still basically a kid compared to most of the club.

He softened his voice.
"Vanna have you had any contact with your sister recently?"

"No." She replied her voice shaking. "I tried to call her for about a week after she kicked me out but she never returned my calls and eventually it stopped going to her voicemail so I guess she blocked my number." She explained.

"Don't worry you're not in any trouble. We just want to keep you and the club safe" Jazz promised her.

But Vanna was having a hard time not freaking out. Not only was her sister treating her like shit but she was running her mouth about the club.

There was no way that this situation could get any worse.