Chapter One

Kagome gazed down at the man she had knocked over as she hurriedly apologized. She was in a hurry to get to her class so they could tell her where she would be interning at. She was so excited she hadn't been watching where she was going.

"I'm so sorry!" She bowed and looked at him with big blue eyes. She didn't mean to knock him over, honest! It was an accident...though she didn't really mind...he was cute.

"I should have been looking where I was going..." She heard the man sigh, and look at her with piercing eyes.

It was like he was studying her, like he hadn't seen someone like her before. Even so she felt horrid! Her brows furrowed in worry for him, hoping the fall hadn’t hurt him.

"It’s fine..." The man reassured, his voice seemed a little cold but then again he did keep his emotions in check from the way it looked.

Blinking, she stood up from her bow and apologized again, "I'm sorry again, but I am in a hurry." She quickly gave the man a smile before running off again. She needed to hurry if she was going to make it in time.

This class was one she couldn't be late too, if she was they could drop her and she wouldn't be able to be an intern. That was something she couldn't let happen.

Kagome quickly ran down the street, dodging people as she ran. She knew she was getting glares as she dodged between them, but she didn't care. Kagome was going to make sure she made it to her class on time, nothing was going to stop her.

As she saw the school she gave a sigh of relief and quickly made her way inside and power walked down the hall. She just needed to get to the last door in the hallway and she would be safe.

Kagome ran into the classroom, as she entered the class looked towards her. A blush dusted her cheeks at all the eyes on her.

"Miss Higurashi..." The teacher sighed, shaking his head at her dramatics, "...you are cutting it close today..." Just as he said that the chiming of the clock went off.

'Thank God.' Kagome thought as she sheepishly smiled at the teacher and went to take a seat with the other students.

She didn't think she would make it, but she did. She smiled as she waited for the teacher to start the class.

The teacher stayed quiet for a few minutes before he cleared his throat, "As you know, today is your last day here. You are going to intern somewhere, and the place you intern will either help you or break you."

The teacher's eyes looked over the whole room before continuing, "If you do good on your internship there is a possibility for you to get hired at the place you are interning at...if you don't get hired, just hope your scores are good to get you a good job at a hospital."

The whole class shifted at this, their teacher was rather blunt...which was good in some cases...but in others it just made them uncomfortable.

The teacher stepped around his desk, holding a pile of papers folded in half, "These papers hold your futures in their hands. They say where you are going and any other information you will need. I will call you up one at a time to get it...with that being said, I wish you all luck in the world...Don't mess up."

'...That wasn’t very encouraging' Kagome thought as she sat up straighter. He just had made her more nervous about messing up...she was nervous enough as it was. Kagome watched as the teacher sighed and looked around the classroom.

He then started to call students up one at a time to give them the information sheet they needed. Kagome could already feel her nerves kick in and she hadn't even gotten her sheet yet. She hoped she got to work in a clinic of some kind...she rather work there then the hospital.

"Higurashi, Kagome."

Kagome stood up hearing her name called by her teacher, and gave a small smile as she took the sheet from her now former teacher.

"Thank You." Kagome gave him a bow before turning around and going back to her seat. Sitting down she opened the folded sheet of paper. Looking at the sheet she smiled. She was working at a private clinic! She was happy about that. Looking down at the sheet she saw it had the name of the Doctor she was interning under, as well as the address of who she would be shadowing under.

Hatori Sohma